Is there a worse division in the P5 than the B1G West?

Discussion in 'Football' started by okeefe4prez, Nov 10, 2018.

1. okeefe4prez

okeefe4prez Well-Known Member

The marquis non-con win is Iowa over Iowa State.

Northwestern lost to Akron and Duke.

Wisconsin lost to BYU.

Nebraska lost to Troy.

Illinois had a bad loss.

Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan.

And Northwestern won the division with 2 weeks to go. Ugh.

2. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

Hang in there, buddy. Brian's gonna get it done eventually. Might take another decade though. Patience is key. :)

uihawk82 and BlackNGold1982 like this.
  3. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

Thats just it. We play in arguably the worst division in the weakest conference in college football, and still can't get over .500.

4. vork22

vork22 Well-Known Member

It is the worst division in the P5 I have been saying that for years and what’s sad is we can’t compete. Iowa is approaching Minnesota levels of irrelevance. Thank you Kirk!

BlackNGold1982 and Ben Rumson like this.
  5. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

In the interest of fairness the ACC Coastal and the PAC 12 South are probably worse, but regardless the B1G West is garbage too.

SpecialKHawk likes this.
  6. hawkeyes87

hawkeyes87 Well-Known Member

All you have to say is the team that easily won this division lost at home to Akron (whose only other road win was in OT at Kent St) and needed a 4th qtr comeback to get by Rutgers.

tksirius likes this.
  7. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

It's the worst and I believe most honest. If we're going to compete with southern states for talent, we gotta pony up. Would you rather spend your college days in Iowa or on a beach or somewhere else warm?

8. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

Today wasn't about cheating or not cheating.

9. 99topdawg

Correct. I do believe, however, that cheating to get better players would help cover inadequacies elsewhere. I posted a link about several of our players that are ranked highly in the NFL from the 2015 team. Talent can make coaches look pretty darn good. When the talent levels are even, though...

10. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

I understand, just frustrated. We are already paying a lot for a coach.

11. 99topdawg

Totally with you.

HawkGold likes this.
  12. mrolympia

mrolympia Well-Known Member

normally I'd like this comment but that's just fucking depressing to think about. No way in shit brian should get hired. He'd be detested from day 1.

13. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

The Big 12 is probably worse.

duhawk70, 99topdawg and uihawk82 like this.
  14. mrolympia

mrolympia Well-Known Member

the acc costal and the pac 12 south are both ass but worse than the big 10 west is a big stretch

99topdawg likes this.
  15. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

I agree the whole Big 12 is piss water since they cant and dont play any defense..

Iowa just totally shut down ISU yet ISU puts up 35 points avg on the Big 12. enuf said,, and now I will wait for BryceC and a few other clown lurkers to come to the defense of their league, hahahahah

16. okeefe4prez

Not to defend ISU, but I think ISU would shittruck Iowa if they played today.

17. okeefe4prez

After spending three hours outside yesterday in a glorious 55 degree sunshine drenched day smoking a turkey and doing yard work and flipping around games and seeing the shitstorm Purdue and Minnesota had to play in, if I had an offer anywhere south of the Tennessee-Kentucky border other than in Mississippi I'd go there before I'd go to the Big Ten, with the possible exception of OSU if they were thin at my position and otherwise stacked. Living close to Clemson, I understand how Dabo has built what he has and can say with confidence there is a 0% chance of that happening at Iowa.

99topdawg likes this.
  18. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

Of course you do, you're a Clown Fan. The fact is, your team GOT shittrucked by Iowa. Now go away.

19. SpecialKHawk

SpecialKHawk Well-Known Member

That’s the same song and dance we always hear. The ‘if we played today’ card. They had their stud tailback and miracle worker QB in September and could not score. Yet ‘today’ they are much improved after playing in a marginal conference. Nice try troll.

20. Ben Rumson

Ben Rumson Well-Known Member

Seems to me it's a pretty solid division until you throw Iowa in it!