Isaiah Moss Headed to Kansas

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by RobHowe, Jun 10, 2019.

1. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

Yeah it does, I work really hard to be a good person on a daily basis to my fellow man. I really feel strongly that IM f'd the Hawks, the team I follow, with little to no regard for the program or his team mates or the people that were in place to support and build him up. A big part of me hopes his delusions of grandeur back fires. If that makes me a dick, so be it.

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  2. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the perspective. Some wild names in that Kansas starting 5.

3. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

True, but he could have got laid by the girl next door for the rest of the year. In this case, he may get to hold the homecoming queen's books, while she gets nailed by the five start jock.

#1DieHardHawk likes this.
  4. Denverhawk1

Denverhawk1 Well-Known Member

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I hope he scores 40 a game. I’m of the opinion that Fran is not the correct coach for this program. I emphasize, for this program. He might do great at another school under different circumstances. Fran seems like a fine enough human being, this isn’t a character issue to me, personally. Iowa has probably peaked with Fran. I don’t see much more from this current coaching staff. The sooner Fran can somehow get exposed and Iowa can move on the better.

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  5. #1DieHardHawk

#1DieHardHawk Well-Known Member

No, but go right ahead in your self-appointed enlightened position of conscience policeman (Sorry, I guess I should say police "person") for HN. Solid work.

Making impulsive decisions based on questionable logic is immature, and, expected of that age group (or, at times, any age group for that matter). That's not a dig at him at all, just reality. Fran said his goal was to be the "first or second option." That's highly unlikely at KU, where it's very possible that he'll paradoxically get fewer minutes.

The point is that he probably didn't think it completely through and/or received some bad advice.

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  6. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

I hope Moss beats ISU not once, not twice, but three times next year as a J-Hawk;)

7. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

How do you know the decision was impulsive, or that he used questionable logic?

8. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

We ll see. Cant fault him. Are you feeling jilted?

9. #1DieHardHawk

I don't. We are all speculating as to his motives, and this is just speculation as well.

Given what Fran said, it seems reasonable to assume that his motive is to be more "the man," which probably won't happen at KU. If it does, I'll genuinely be happy for him, but, it doesn't seem likely. We'll see if he's on the court at crunch time next season. Had he stayed, my guess is he would have had more of those minutes.

And, to clarify, I'm not saying he made a bad decision. It may work out great for him, but, ironically, he may end up riding the pine more, which makes his choice odd.

10. #1DieHardHawk

Are you feeling self-righteous?

Being "jilted" would assume that I'm slamming him and/or wishing him ill-will, which I'm not.

I'm simply pointing out that the logic of his choice is questionable if we assume he wanted to get more of those crunch time minutes, and, that many young people that age don't take the time to really think though life decisions. I know I certainly didn't.

11. HawkGold

But you are OK questioning him and Im bad for questioning you. Sounds like he made a great mature decision.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  12. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

He isn't necessarily on scholly, and with new transfer portal rules, they can do that after the semester. They can also stop giving him access to facilities, meals, etc. They can even stop tutoring and other academic assistance.

Basically, when he entered the transfer portal, he gave up "rights" to certain things. Some of those things can stop the second he submits his name. Others can be stopped at end of semester. If he is still being granted access, it means there isn't the level of animosity some perceive, or it may just mean Fran and Co. realize there is no sense trying to hold the kid back his last summer on campus. Then again, he may just be doing classes online and could already be in Lawrence.

I know, at this point, I don't really care. He made his choice, Fran and Co. seem to have no problem with it, so let life go on.

13. hawkeyebob62

"Committing" to Iowa, then "committing" to Arkansas, then "committing" to Kansas. The last two "committing" scenarios happened in a span of three weeks.

14. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

From what we know Fran said he was planning to transfer for a while. He committed to Arkansas but then they took a lot of different players as well.

I think his decision to transfer was not impulsive. His commitment to Arkansas might have been.

15. HawkGold

Committment has a different meaning than the literal meaning. Iowavis s right to work state. Employer and employee commit but can end at any time.He has 1 year left. He can use it to the best of his interest. Decent shot at a conference championship. Ilikely top 10 all year long. Decent shot at significsnt minutes.

Sounds pretty mature to me.

16. hawkeyebob62

WTF with "right to work" bullshit? It's real simple. He committed to Arkansas before being qualified as a grad transfer. He then withdrew and committed to Kansas. Again, without having qualified as a grad transfer. Should he fail to graduate, would you consider that "mature", as well?

17. HawkGold

It was a good decision. You are jilted.

18. hawkeyebob62

Not jilted at all. Dude, you got a complex. It's almost--but not quite--creepy.

Will it be a good decision if he doesn't play much? Will it be a good decision if he doesn't graduate on time? You still haven't answered that.

19. HawkGold

In this case yes. In your case, you seem way over the top upset by this. He's a young guy. He can get his degree. You sure sound like someone we all know and love. It's creepy.

20. hawkeyebob62

I've made about three posts in the whole thread.

<<In this case yes>>

So...if he fails to graduate this summer...which means he can NOT be a grad transfer...you think he made a good choice? Got it.