Jake Sullivan's Son Commits to Hawkeye Football

Discussion in 'Football' started by RobHowe, Nov 24, 2019.

1. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

2. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

3. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

Oooh, I'll be the meltdown on Cyfan is gonna be good.

4. proudhawkfan21

proudhawkfan21 Well-Known Member

Plus Griffin Liddle!

5. trj

trj Well-Known Member

Jake Sullivan is a good dude. Idiots from both fan bases will probably make too much of this.

6. Hawk1960

Hawk1960 Well-Known Member

4 star and 2nd ranked player in Minnesota. Take that PJ.

7. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Iowa State really wasn’t recruiting him, and this is the first I’d heard about him in a while. That said, the kid has an amazing story and Jake is somebody that I have a ton of respect for. I was always hoping the staff would recruit him harder but they are the ones building the roster.

I was trying to find an article I read once about how Jake first met him in Africa and he just didn’t feel like the kid had a future there and basically adopted him. Great story all around and I’ll be rooting for him all the way.

Jonrn and Northside Hawk like this.
  8. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

I think this is what you were looking for:

http://m.startribune.com/jake-sulli...oring-machine-is-finding-his-range/505360762/

9. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Anyone who adopts or fosters children in need, whether it's a permanent placement or just overnight, gets high marks in my book. I speak from first hand experience (as a parent, not the child)

MelroseHawkins and Jonrn like this.
  10. Jonrn

Jonrn Well-Known Member

LicThawk and Northside Hawk like this.
  11. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

This entire story of this whole family is remarkable. Their journey and what they have done in Africa is outstanding.

12. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

Damn you Bryce, why can't you react like a typical clone?? Why do you always have to be so reasonable?

HawkeyeWalker and judzeehawk like this.
  13. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Nothing to be unreasonable about here. Didn't have an ISU offer, is part of a family that I am at least somewhat tied to due to us going to the same church in Ames, and you're talking about a family situation that is geared entirely toward helping people who need it. My wife has some cousins like this and their self sacrifice to me is simply breathtaking.

14. ohhawk

ohhawk Well-Known Member

He had a recent interview after his verbal and stated most of his Dad's family have always been Hawkeye fans. His Dad had more of a challenge convincing them in his day that he was going to be a Cyclone. Guess quite a number of relatives on his Dad's side reside around IC.

Developmental record, quality education, businesslike approach to the game, staff consistency, just a good fit for him........all factors in his decision now even though others were entering the picture.

15. Stanzi

Stanzi Well-Known Member

It's only 5 recruits so far but the 2021 class is already looking really good.

16. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Are we looking at any new OC recruits in this class? Iowa is at #114 in TDs scored, with a three year starting QB!