Jon...anyone.....Cannot log in under old username???

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by anyoldname, May 21, 2017.

1. anyoldname

anyoldname Member

Password as I knew it would not work to log in, so I had to have an email sent to me....there was an option to either put in Name or email address....name will not send you an email, only using email will. But then, once you put in a new password it automatically calls you "anyoldname" and your past username is gone. How to I get it back? Thank you!

tksirius likes this.
  2. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

3. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

4. Chickenlounge

Chickenlounge Well-Known Member

I'm not sure they check this forum reguarly, but you can tag them and I think they get a notification. @JonDMiller @RobHowe

5. anyoldname

anyoldname Member

Thanks chicken, but what do you mean by "tag" them??? I do not see there direct e-mail addresses.

6. Chickenlounge

7. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

In any post just put @(username) like this: @anyoldname and you will be notified that your name has been used in a post.

8. anyoldname

anyoldname Member

I am dumb as a box of rocks I guess...sorry! Where am I typing @anyoldname at, and how is that helping me restore Playmaker as my username?

9. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

So Playmaker, I see you're back, what's the story? I have several alts I'd like to recover as well.

deanvogs likes this.
  10. shift-admin

shift-admin Administrator

@anyoldname We should be able to help if you still need it, I found Playmaker listed in our forum users so it is still there. I can reset your password for you in the admin! Shoot me an email as we don't browse the forum very often :)[email protected]

11. Chickenlounge

Why have a Site Feedback forum if you don't browse it that often?

12. shift-admin

shift-admin Administrator

I can only speak for the developers here at Shift — we don't technically monitor anything at all, you'll have to hit up the HN guys for that, I just happened to be passing through and figured I could help out on this one.

13. Chickenlounge

Ah I see what you're saying now. Thanks for the clarification.