Kaevon Merriweather Tweet

Discussion in 'Football' started by RobHowe, Jun 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestCoastHawk

WestCoastHawk Well-Known Member

For any losers giving up their season tickets over players protesting police brutality I will gladly take them off your hands.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Ree4, MikeyLikesIowa and Stanzi like this.
  2. StanziUSA

StanziUSA Well-Known Member

Leap of faith.

3. StanziUSA

StanziUSA Well-Known Member

No guilt at all. I’m not around these guys every week nor to I make money off them. With all due respect.

4. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

5. Win5002

Win5002 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be long for the progressive left jumps in with "you're a denier of science"

6. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

7. guffus

guffus Well-Known Member

Could it be considered ironic that Keavon has adopted this "accept this new culture or leave" approach.

And they thought Kirk was tone deaf.

HawkeyezBull likes this.
  8. dahlhawk

dahlhawk Well-Known Member

I do believe the Hawkeyes have been around for quite some time. I've been a fan myself for over 30 years, I've said on this site before that Kirk is not Iowa Football. Iowa Football is bigger than any player, coach, or fan. I have a problem with any player who thinks they are the arbitrator of what a fan is. I don't claim that ability myself. Fans can like a team for any reason, they might only be coming to watch the band. Who knows? I support Keavon and his right to express his views and what he and his teammates are attempting to do but I don't think that it's a litmus test for watching Iowa football. Fan's pay for the stadium, the uniforms, the travel expenses, the schollies, and much more. They have the same right to believe and say what they believe in as the players. Some people believe that a fallen hero should not have his memorial vandalized. Lets try to respect everyone and their beliefs. I don't claim or want to know most of the players on my favorite teams college or pro. There is just too much let down when a player is not who you think they are. I don't want children to make athletes their role models, I prefer they use doctors, scholars, community leaders, and others. Is it selfish to want to watch your favorite team play for entertainment reasons alone?

DeereHawk75 and HawkeyezBull like this.
  9. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

10. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Kaevon:

I agree with your right to kneel.
    I agree that you are showing courage on this issue.
    I agree that there should be changes within the Hawkeye football program.
    I agree that we should stand up for social justice and against racism.
    I don't agree that the way to do that is to disrespect the flag.
    I don't agree with people who say they'll stop being Hawkeye fans or stop donating because you wish to kneel.
    I don't agree with you that, if we don't agree with your kneeling, we shouldn't be Hawkeye fans.
    I don't agree that any Hawkeye player should be coerced into standing or kneeling, if it is against his values.

HawkeyezBull and DeereHawk75 like this.
  11. HawkeyezBull

HawkeyezBull Well-Known Member

I agree both sides are funny as F, where is your post like this for Merriweather's twitter post? Cause you realize it is just as ignorant to a difference of opinion.

12. dirtwrap

dirtwrap Guest

Between this and banning the Confederate flag, Nascar alienated what was left of their core base. Those are the last nails in that coffin.

13. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

You mean what he Tweeted about his thoughts on fans who don't like them kneeling?

If so, it's the original post in this thread.

14. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

No its not selfish. I wish sports were just sports. That is why I watch.

But we as fans are at fault here. We have put them on a pedestal. So many of us will only listen if they speak or act.

15. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

I am left. Generally. I have not denied science. That would be Trump. Is that who you were talking about. Geez.

16. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

So, do you think KF is a racist, and that he played white players over black players because of it?

17. jparmley3

jparmley3 Well-Known Member

A current player throws out an ultimatum to fans - a large number of which have been around longer than he has - and expects everyone to bow down to it.

Sorry, man, that's not happening in my world. I'm an Iowa fan. I'm a fan of every player who dons the uniform unless they prove otherwise unworthy of said uniform.

When the BLM (aka We Hate Cops) Movement actually recognize ALL Black Lives Matter, rather than cherry-picking to fit their narrative, real change can happen.

When you paint (er, vandalize) " F@% 12" and " F@%# the Police" and "ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards)" on buildings, homes, and statues, that is not peacefully protesting as laid out in the First Amendment the BLM/ANTIFA folks boast about.

I will Fight For Iowa.
    I will Fight to End Racism.
    I will Fight to make sure ALL lives matter.

And I will go to Iowa FB games whenever the heck I want. Nobody gets to tell me otherwise.

HawkeyezBull likes this.
  18. 1980HAWKFAN

1980HAWKFAN Well-Known Member

I think Kaevon's tweet is exactly why Kirk banned players from tweeting and social media in the past. I don't disagree that Kaeyon has a right to his opinion, but when you issue ultimatums and say we aren't fans because we don't agree with your kneeling for the national anthem you bring unwanted attention to the team. Coaches don't like distractions and they tend to undermine the task at hand.

HawkeyezBull likes this.
  19. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

He sure didn't play Oliver Martin over the three black receivers ahead of him on the depth chart.

20. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

It's plausible he held black players to different standards. Is that racist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.