Kittle has 210 first half receiving yards

Discussion in 'Football' started by uihawk82, Dec 9, 2018.

1. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

Is there a better tightend in the NFC right now? Zach Ertz perhaps?

2. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

Totally agree with ya. It's why I used the word might in my diatribe. He's off to a hell of a start. And he's doing it without a HOF Qb (or even an NFL starter level guy) like Clark had for most of his career. Did he play just one year in Baltimore or 2 at the end? I can't remember but that offense with Manning distributing it between Harrison, Wayne, Clark and Edgarain James.. It's almost tough to understand how they didn't win more..

3. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

Which is crazy because play diagnosing always seemed to be why Jewel was so good at Iowa... He was always a step ahead of getting to where he needed to because he could diagnose plays so fast at the snap I thought. That said the NFL is just that much different/faster...

4. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

They could have spotted something in the films. In fact, they probably did.

It's also not out of the question that Kittle knew some of Josey's tendencies from going up against him in practice and their years together at Iowa. Either way, they knew they had to chance to bust a big one when the right combination of circumstances came up in the game.

5. Northside Hawk

With Greg Olson injured Kittle is right up there.

6. Northside Hawk

Bill Belichick is why they didn't win more. It took Peyton several years to exercise that demon. Otherwise you're right. They would have won at least one more Super Bowl. And P. Manning would have gone down as the unquestioned GOAT. As it is he is probably on the Mount Rushmore.

Hawkfnntn likes this.
  7. Northside Hawk

And then you get a game like Bears-Rams last night, or Saints-Cowboys a couple weeks ago.

Could be an interesting postseason. Different strokes for different folks, those who like offense and those who like defense.

8. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

It happens to the best of them.

Hawkfnntn likes this.
  9. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

Travis Kelce?

Hawkfnntn likes this.
  10. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Well Kelce plays in the AFC so he is disqualified.

11. Northside Hawk

Crazy thing is that Kittle may have the second best NFL performance among Iowa alumni.

How about the job J. Daniels did, with help, on Donald of the Rams. Two tackles, one QB hurry, and that's it. Daniels at times was manhandling the potential defensive player of the year.

12. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

The bears disagee as do the cowboys

13. Hawk1960

Hawk1960 Well-Known Member

Tight End U. Kittle's results can only help Fant and Hockenson's position in the draft. I still hope Hock stays for his senior year but can understand if he goes.

14. westender

westender Well-Known Member

He is the new Gronk. If only he was on a better team. He did all this on just a terrible team. Like Walter Payton toiling in Chicago most of those years.

15. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Lol the Bears have given up 30+ points 4 times already this season.

Cowboys are really good. Denver and Baltimore probably round out the top 3 if you favor points allowed stat as I do.

All the same I didn't say that noone could ever have a good defense again. Your comment does nothing to refute the fact that the NFL is steering the league towards a scoring dominated sport. Just look at the rule changes the last 5 years. Lower injury risk equals offensive advantage.

16. Bordone

Bordone Well-Known Member

They didn't win more because when Bob Sanders was hurt their defense was garbage. Peyton also liked to choke in the big games.

17. CP87

CP87 Well-Known Member

Hock has 2 years of eligibility remaining (he is only a RS soph).

18. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

Well played...Reading is hard lol.

Adam likes this.
  19. iloveyoularrystation

iloveyoularrystation Well-Known Member

So I agree with your premise. Legitimately in the 2nd half they double and triple teamed him almost every play. Lets just say the opportunities were not great. The defense decided you're going to have to make somebody else beat us. They couldn't either cause the in the 2nd half the offense for the niners did basically nothing, without kittle rocking it.

20. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

Kelce is way better than Kittle and I think Gronk still is as well. But I was asking just in the NFC.