Loc Wur

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Tierney, Jun 12, 2019.

1. 1977Hawkeye

1977Hawkeye Well-Known Member

Intriguing and I hope we get him. Just for reasons others have already mentioned, I don't let myself get excited about prospects anymore UNTIL they commit. Just too many that go elsewhere. I'm not writing it off - just that time will tell. Odds are probably against us landing ANY prospect that ends up with lots of appealing offers. Competitive business to be sure.

2. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

I WIN!! ;)

3. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

Here's an interview with the kid from earlier today with the World Herald. No mention of Iowa but says he wants to make a decision in 2-3 weeks so he can take summer classes. He grew up a Creighton fans and visited there today. His family also has a connection with Dana Altman.

LINK

tksirius likes this.
  4. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Buh-bye Bol Bol, Hello Lok Wur

5. NEIChawk

NEIChawk Well-Known Member

Bagels and Locs...... yummy

6. tweeterhawk

tweeterhawk Well-Known Member

He gone. Or actually we didn’t get him and were never going to.

tksirius likes this.
  7. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

8. Ian Pike Hammer

Ian Pike Hammer Well-Known Member

freakin' altman!

9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Rob is Fran pursuing this kid. In a recent interview with reporters Fran stated he had no plans to add to what he already has.

10. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

What's to add when ya got two schollies for the offspring?

skinnykilmer17 and BigD like this.
  11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Let’s hope he has a REALLY, REALLY, good reason for holding those scholarships.

Dear Santa................................

12. skinnykilmer17

skinnykilmer17 Well-Known Member

No way is Fran going to bring in another kid that is going to play Patrick's position. Follow along people.

That would be like Kirk bringing in another OC to be a run game coordinator or something.

13. skinnykilmer17

skinnykilmer17 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Fran bring in a true power forward. One that rebounds like a um, um a man possessed. Any out there this late in the game?

Will Pemsl's body hold up?

I would be ok with a Kreiner upgrade.

Nunge is unproven at PF and he can't play 40 minutes.

14. ModebaSan

ModebaSan Well-Known Member

If he brought someone that is a good fit it would be okay, but then again, we have interest from a lot of great athletes for the next class. If we could add Xavier Foster, I think he alone would attract a couple of more highly rated ballers to join him in that class.

15. morley10

morley10 Well-Known Member

Cedar Rapids Gazette says his finalists are Creighton, Hawaii, Oregon, Texas A&M, and Virginia Tech. No, Iowa. curses.

16. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

17. Stanzi

Stanzi Well-Known Member

Hawaii??

18. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Aloha means goodbye, Fran.

Ian Pike Hammer and tksirius like this.
  19. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

In the podcast I posted earlier in this thread, he talks about being intrigued by Hawaii. The radio hosts were joking about getting a free trip there for an official visit, but the kid sounded genuinely interested.

That said, he's not going to Hawaii.

Chickenlounge and eledmonster like this.
  20. Dadman

Dadman Well-Known Member

Creighton vs Hawaii............hmmmmm...........let me think.................