Maishe Dailey Talks about Illini Fan Who Flipped Him Off

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by RobHowe, Mar 14, 2019.

1. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

2. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

Good for Maishe....for real. He needs some good moments this season.

3. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

flip a smile >> flip off

4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Yep, let your game do the talking.

5. hoxrock

hoxrock Well-Known Member

Glad to see about 7 years of irrelevance hasn't taken away that signature class Whini fans are known for showing.

6. QuadCityHawkeye

QuadCityHawkeye Well-Known Member

Illinois fans are insufferable asses when it comes to basketball. They are right up there with Iowa State fans.

Takes a special kind of idiot for a grown man to flip off a college kid during a game.

7. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

Maishe comes off like he is a real good teammate with good sense of humor. It would be great if he finds a consistent stroke.

8. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

do they sell beer in the arena during the tourney???

9. PawkHawk1

PawkHawk1 Well-Known Member

Yes. They sell beer.

InGoodCo likes this.
  10. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

To be fair it was only Maishe's 10th three pointer made all year. I get a little pissy watching opposing players who haven't done crap all year suddenly get hot against Iowa (seems to happen a lot), but I wouldn't flip them off.

11. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

I can't stand people who talk to players, or I should say talk AT players. The guys who do it are so proud of themselves, too. I got a buddy (isu fan wouldn't ya know it) who gets courtside seats every once in awhile. He can't wait to tell me all the things he said to this player or that ref. He's just beaming with pride at all the witty comments he made. He can't wait to tell me how they all reacted too. I guess it makes him feel relevant. But I just don't get the whole trash talking scene.

12. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

If I was that Illini fan I would be so proud to have my family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. see how I conduct myself in my spare time. I hope he got it on his DVR so they can celebrate his “bird” skills on holidays, at birthday parties for the kids, etc.

13. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

Maishe is a really nice kid.

duhawk70, Ree4, mopkins and 2 others like this.
  14. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

And it takes a special kind of school--a la Illinois--to breed that kind of special fan :)

15. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

With a friend like that, no sense cultivating enemies

Ree4 and InGoodCo like this.
  16. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

Yeah our fan base is WAY better, especially on this site.

17. ChosenChildren

ChosenChildren Well-Known Member

Dailey is a great young man. He is talented. He'll continue to get better

duhawk70 likes this.
  18. SpiderRico

SpiderRico Well-Known Member

I noticed the anesthesiologist and his botox-heavy wife were courtside last night....goodness, that guy drives me crazy with all of his standing and preening as if he owns the place....

1hawkeye1 and mopkins like this.
  19. eledmonster

eledmonster Well-Known Dog

Knew him growing up. He had douchy tendencies then. Buckets of money did not improve the situation...

20. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

To me they are the Nebraska football fans of basketball. No matter how their team is doing, they seem to put themselves on this pedestal for some reason.

eledmonster likes this.