Michael Porter Jr.- Iowa connection

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by MILHAWKEYE, Jan 22, 2015.

1. MILHAWKEYE

MILHAWKEYE Well-Known Member

2. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

I'm sure Fran is. We are on his list. I'm surprised there isn't an offer from us on there but there will be. He's as good of a kid as there will be in that class. The athleticism he has body control is just awesome. Looks like a 6'8 shooting guard almost. All the big boys will be after him I'm sure so I'm not holding my breathe...
    [h=2]https://rivals.yahoo.com/LSU/basketball/recruiting/player-Michael-Porter-152114[/h]

3. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

He should offer, but there's little chance we land him, IMO. He's only a sophomore and already holds offers from Kansas and Indiana, and there's no way that more offers won't be flowing in over the next year or so. He's currently ranked as the #4 prospect in the 2017 class. He's going to have his pick of the litter.

4. Chickenlounge

Chickenlounge Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's time to hire his mom as a "special consultant" to the women's basketball team.

5. ibahawkeye

ibahawkeye Well-Known Member

Agree... I don't watch a lot of recruiting videos but this is one of the more impressive.

6. BlacknGold19

BlacknGold19 Well-Known Member

Lol. This guy isn't coming to Iowa.

7. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

His dad is an assistant women's coach at Missouri, so there's that, too. Mom's sister (his aunt) is the head women's coach there as well.

8. docholihawk

docholihawk Well-Known Member

Five star prospect who's a legacy. Why wouldn't we go after him?

9. docholihawk

Who was the last five star that we got if ever?

10. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Worley a 5-star guy? Tyler Smith was only 4, and we obviously haven't landed a 5-star since then.

11. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Lil Lick would have been but Rivals didn't want to waste their time ranking him since it was obvious he would end up at iowa.

12. JG10Hawk

JG10Hawk Well-Known Member

13. JG10Hawk

JG10Hawk Well-Known Member

If you go to his 247 profile, under timeline it says Iowa offered him on July 4th.

14. brozley

brozley Well-Known Member

15. brozley

brozley Well-Known Member

Ricky Davis 5 star?
    Remeber he shared minutes with Kent Macausland before moving on to NBA as 1st round pick...

16. docholihawk

I was thinking Worley was a 4 but I could be wrong, I didn't follow recruiting very close back then.