Midlands

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Scott Leclair, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Scott Leclair

Scott Leclair Well-Known Member

Hawks looked good again at the Midlands. Spencer Lee medical forfeit his last match. Rumor is he reinjured his bad knee... damn I hope not to bad as this kid looks like the real deal

2. #1DieHardHawk

#1DieHardHawk Well-Known Member

He didn't wrestle well in the match he lost. He had basically no offense. He didn't look injured, but who knows.

That said, he is for real, and it will be great seeing how many championships he accumulates in his Hawkeye career. Hopefully, the Midlands will be a learning experience for him. At this level, you have to bring it each match.

For the most part, all of the young Iowa guys looked very good. I watched probably about 10 matches on BTN2go. I was impressed with Marinelli, Warner and Murin. Turk not so much.

We are going to struggle at 133 and 141, and, depending on what happens with Downey, 174 and 184. And, unless Lee ends up being the first true frosh to wrestle under Brands, 125 looks shaky as well. Stickley is feast or famine. Not sure what to make of him. He'll likely be our 133 next season, but needs to be much more consistent.

This is going to be a transition year. The way it stands, my guess is probably 6th-9th at nationals.

3. ClintonIAfan

ClintonIAfan Well-Known Member

Iowa completely dominated last night against msu. They had 6 pins! Lee pinned his opponent in 46 seconds! Iowa won the team score 49-6. This looks like a championship team! Now that Lee is in the lineup they are dominant at so many weight classes! They are really hitting their stride at the right tine.