Moss Transferring

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by RobHowe, May 2, 2019.

1. karras

karras Well-Known Member

2. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

This is a big blow to this team. We are already short wings, now we basically have Weiskamp and nothing else proven beyond that.

3. phdsvp

phdsvp Well-Known Member

Shrug. I don't want to hear a word about it. It's Fran's crappy recruiting that got him in this mess, and he makes a lot of money to fix messes like this. Next man in, and find a point guard already.

4. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

This is gonna be one slow, skinny, lineup next fall.

5. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

That just sucks. Moss was a good player and seemed to be a good team mate. I don't get this one, at all. I am glad he got his degree. I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories, so I won't speculate, but sure would like to know what is behind this one. Do we think he has a destination in mind? (damn, there I go). I really don't like what this means for some pretty darn significant starter level minutes next year.

thedukeofearl likes this.
  6. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

My guess is he either doesn't like how many minutes Connor is getting or he knows players are going to be taking his minutes next year. I really hope it means CJ is clearly better than him.

NikeHawk21 and slankyJ like this.
  7. slankyJ

slankyJ Well-Known Member

Probably to make sure he was actually going to graduate. He red shirted that 1st year because he struggled to qualify academically right out of high school. He arrived on campus later than all of his frosh class teammates for that reason.

8. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

That does add up.

9. Motigerhawk

Motigerhawk Well-Known Member

At least Barta gave Fran an extension with a sweet buy out. Good for Fran.

We will be the whitest team in America next season.

10. trj

trj Well-Known Member

Like many I am curious where he ends up.

11. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Wieskamp and Bohannon are going to play minutes at the 2 in order to ensure Pat and Connor can get minutes at the 3 and 1 positions respectively.

12. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Looking like Iowa will be a bubble team next year probably at best

dlbrandt likes this.
  13. trj

trj Well-Known Member

I will buy into this depending on where he ends up.

14. phdsvp

phdsvp Well-Known Member

Nope. We're paying too much money for this coach to settle. If Iowa's a bubble team next year with this much returning talent, it's time to look elsewhere. And Barta should be gone tomorrow for giving a guy who can't keep players on campus that extension (among other reasons).

15. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

He's not in at the end of games. Fran forgets him.
    And the guys playing at the end of games screwed up just as much as he did and don't play D like he can.

thedukeofearl likes this.
  16. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

Does this mean Connor now starts? :mad:

17. SidFarkas

SidFarkas Well-Known Member

If the plan, Fran talked to Isaiah 4/16, is to play JT, PM and CF without any college minutes - Fran is gonna amp up serious heat on himself.

I hope that Iowa has been on the market for an immediate swing guard for 19-20 since knowing of IM’s plans.

It appears that the nepotism issue continues to raise its ugly head in Iowa athletics. For the sake of the b-ball program, I hope I’m wrong.

18. Hawknigh

Hawknigh Well-Known Member

I wonder if the two sport favoritism for Connor convinced him that Fran was serious about his family, but not the team.

19. TheIowaHawkGuy

TheIowaHawkGuy Well-Known Member

Fran better get himself a black grad transfer. This offseason is not going well.

phdsvp likes this.
  20. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much Fran makes is a good arguement for doing better. I'm pretty sure what he makes is right in line with where he finishes. Also Moss is the very first guy to transfer due to something other than wanting more minutes.