Moss Transferring

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by RobHowe, May 2, 2019.

1. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

So, Toussaint will be the only person of color in the entire basketball program next year?

Fryowa likes this.
  2. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

My friend, who teaches at DM North, told me something verrrrrry interesting today, but I'm a man of my word and I promised not to repeat it.

thedukeofearl, Fryowa and phdsvp like this.
  3. pekurhawk

pekurhawk Well-Known Member

Perhaps Franchise and Margaret adopted another son.

Ian Pike Hammer and Hawk4Fan like this.
  4. pekurhawk

pekurhawk Well-Known Member

And that will be a mess.

skinnykilmer17 and NikeHawk21 like this.
  5. CyberJJJ

CyberJJJ Well-Known Member

And what are you basing that on? I did a bit of surface fact checking and the difference is single digits, falling a bit short of “way more”. In reference to african american students, both universities are right @3% which I believe likely technically means there are more african american students at ISU than at Iowa since ISU has a slightly higher student enrollment number. Iowa has more international students, and broader diversity, but not by as large a margin as you might think. Disclosure that I did my undergrad and grad at ISU (ag) and there were more international students than American in my major. I have a daughter at Iowa, and diversity was important as we lived in Africa for my work for several years and her school there had students from 55 different countries -that was diversity. Both Iowa and ISU reflect the population of the state of Iowa. Not sure that is so relevant to the discussion of recruiting basketball talent. Not saying it doesn’t matter, but ISU, a predominantly white populated student body (as is the University of Iowa) has a basketball team whose ethnic make-up isn not equivalent to the student body. My only point is they aren’t perfectly tied and thus aren’t causal, but do recognize influence.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  6. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Cordell Pemsl, Nico Hobbs, Sherman Dillard, and Courtney Eldridge. Potential 2019 recruits or transfers as well.

tksirius likes this.
  7. Tierney

Tierney Well-Known Member

Fredrick must be very good or Fran wants Connor to play a lot of minutes at the point with Bohannon at the off guard spot. It could be Wieskamp is the off guard next year.

8. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

[​IMG]

9. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Just type it really quietly.

10. Tierney

Tierney Well-Known Member

You look different with your hair grown out.

11. dahlhawk

dahlhawk Well-Known Member

Odd was the first thing to come into my mind as well. Jumping to the pro's is one thing, but a starter leaving a promising team is very strange. It makes us very unathletic at the guard position. One thing about Moss is he could create a little.

12. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Fran must be really smelly. He can’t seem to find his right guard. :D Although Moss is his roll on now. :eek: To some DEGREE a player had to get the AXE. It’s no SECRET that Fran has trouble with recruiting SPEED to STICK with Iowa. Maybe a new transfer can add some IRISH SPRING to the team but I am not SURE. The defense really needs to DIAL it up and BAN together as a team. I know that’s a DRY IDEA but it has the SCENT of truth. As long as Barta is here Fran will GLIDE on through anything negative. They seem to have an ALLEGIANCE to each other. The only hope is for Fran to sign a five star player who has PURE & NATURAL ability’s.

And yes there is a deodorant called “Big D” which like this post really stinks. :p

13. Hawk90

Hawk90 Well-Known Member

You can't do that shit. "Oswald did not kill Kennedy...I know he did, I have proof, .but my lips are sealed." " I saw Big Foot outside the Quick Trip, I have pictures....but I can't show them, or else you would know".. Don't be a douche.

eledmonster likes this.
  14. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Way more diverse? IC is not Queens my guy. Both student populations are ~70% white.

15. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

Pat will not get significant B1G minutes.

16. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s ready to for sure... but I’m not the coach

Fryowa likes this.
  17. Hawknigh

Hawknigh Well-Known Member

So far, I haven't heard anything from any of them that sounds like this was an issue.

18. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

I don't see a scenario where even Fran can keep him out there. You can't be 6'8" and 170 lbs with a mediocre shot in this league. I've always been suspect after he had the thyroid/weight gain problems, but after watching the state high school tournament...holy shit. He got blown up against kids who won't ever play college ball. The fast break dunk stuff looks flashy against skinny white HS juniors but it won't happen against 6'10, 240 lb Big Ten forwards. He got dealt a shitty hand with the cancer thing.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  19. eledmonster

eledmonster Well-Known Dog

That doesn't help us next year. Harvey will have to sit. Moss and Harvey would have never played together... This kind of blows.

20. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

I give zero shits about either side of this argument, but ISU is self-reported at 12.99% total minority enrollment, and UOI is 27.7%. Both figures were pulled from the respective schools' diversity reports on their websites.

That's not a small difference, and ISU isn't ~70% white----It's ~87% white.

thedukeofearl likes this.