My Story on Oliver Martin Transferring

Discussion in 'Football' started by RobHowe, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Hawknigh

Hawknigh Well-Known Member

Seems to be moving rather quickly so far.

2. #1DieHardHawk

#1DieHardHawk Well-Known Member

IIRC, one of the reasons he chose UM was that his sister was already a student-athlete there (volleyball?).

Has she graduated? If that's the case, you have to wonder if that's a factor. I got the feeling previously, that committing to Michigan was in part due to that family connection and comfort level.

3. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

Oliver is the oldest among his siblings. His sister, Ruby, is a world-class swimmer and just completed freshman year at Arizona State.

hawkdrummer1 likes this.
  4. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Oh no! Oliver better not go play in the desert with Eno.

5. Denverhawk1

Denverhawk1 Well-Known Member

Listening to 24/7 sports B1G recruiting podcast right now. Sounds like the decision to transfer was mostly personal/social, not professional. They say that the word they heard is that he was slated to be in the starting mix at Michigan, behind Nico Collins as their second best receiver. They are saying he was on campus yesterday in Iowa City.

6. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

We kinda want him then huh?

7. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

If it was personal/social - you have to imagine he's home sick or just wants to be back in Iowa.

8. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it is a forgone conclusion Oliver is coming to Iowa. Nothing else makes any sense.

InGoodCo likes this.
  9. GesterHawk

GesterHawk Well-Known Member

Don't jinx it...

10. deanvogs

Jinx it? I don't believe in Jinx, heck I'll even double down. Martin is not only coming to Iowa, he will get his waiver from the NCAA to play immediately and will be in the black and gold playing this fall.

11. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

It’s interesting that there is this narrative that he was passed by on the depth chart. I don’t think that hasn’t really been substantiated anywhere. People just wanted to believe that is why he is transferring.

Not sure he will get a waiver but that would certainly be exciting.

12. #1DieHardHawk

#1DieHardHawk Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Maybe it was a different recruit, but, I recall a relative being an athlete at Michigan, and Oliver was the biggest recruit we lost to UM. Perhaps it was a cousin or something else.

13. deanvogs

Adam likes this.
  14. deanvogs

I don't think that is the case at all.

15. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

The Michigan coaches did not want OM to leave. They tried to talk him into staying.

Adam likes this.
  16. HawkleberryFinn

HawkleberryFinn Well-Known Member

I heard Harbaugh slept in Martin's dorm room, then jumped in a pool of blue kool aid. It wasn't enough. Martin responded by saying he wanted to play for a real coach, on par with Mike Ditka.

17. WinOneThisCentury

WinOneThisCentury Well-Known Member

I got a question for you...who wins in a battle between a division of Russian soldiers against Ditka? Ditka...that's who.

18. WinOneThisCentury

Great news...just great news...it's even better if he fanagles his way to be eligible immediately. We need receivers...we need this guy. Welcome Home Oliver! Suck it Harbargh.

19. HawkleberryFinn

HawkleberryFinn Well-Known Member

Au contraire...there may be a flaw in your logic. Were any of the Russian soldiers named...Ditka?

WinOneThisCentury likes this.
  20. WinOneThisCentury

Well...who wins between Ditka vs Ditka? Ditka that's who.

Wait, who wins between American Ditka and Russian Ditka? I'm going with American Ditka.