Name the top 4 if

Discussion in 'Football' started by PCHawk, Nov 22, 2015.

1. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

What's your top 4 if..

Clemson wins out
    Alabama wins out
    Stanford beats ND and loses in the Pac 12 Championship
    Iowa loses to Nebraska and beats MSU.

I don't see any scenario where they would take 2 schools from the Big 12. That means they would have to chose between a 3 loss Pac 12 team, a 2 loss ND, and a 1 loss Iowa. It really looks like Iowa would still get in.

2. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

Duh? You give Alabama the trophy and save on all those production and travel costs!

3. Scotttyd

Scotttyd Well-Known Member

they probably take clemson, bama, a 1 loss big-12 school and O$U provided they beat michigan - if they loose to michigan -I say 1 loss iowa gets in - but it will be a close one between us and a second b-12 team.

I would love to see Navy somehow get in - I know it won't happen thou

4. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

I will try to give a meaningful reply, Clemson and Alabama are #1 and #2. Okie St has been exposed but if they beat OU then OU is out but Okie St not in with one loss, Baylor hard to say. I think you still need to wait to see how the Big 12 shakes out on the last weekend.

In your scenario NDame is out and Stanford is out now anyway.

Iowa should be ranked pretty high if they lose to Nebby but beat a MSU team that would be ranked high after the OSU and PSU victories.

5. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Can the committee really get away with taking a team that didn't even win the division over a team that won the conference? I could see it happening but it would be messed up.

6. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I guess I could see them taking Baylor and the winner of the Oklahoma game.

7. Scotttyd

Scotttyd Well-Known Member

If the jersey name's were switched, never. But if it means a "brand name" - yes. but that is just my opinion. What if Florida beats bama - any chance they still put a 2 loss bama team in over a 1 loss power five team?

8. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

<<...any chance...>>

Yes, unfortunately.

9. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I would be more surprised if they didn't still get in than if they did. I mean come on, have you seen their recruiting rankings?