New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by jacknicholson, May 10, 2012.

1. jacknicholson

jacknicholson Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this one before. Found it on another site. Anthony is outstanding on defense. Perhaps as good as I have seen in high school.....

He certainly knows what to do with the ball and is a very good passer. I am starting to think that he and Mike G. will share playing time equally. We are extremely fortunate to have talent like this coming.....

Once again, I can hardly wait for the season to begin.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_djnlBH7Mk&hd=1]Iowa 2012 Commit Anthony Clemmons Sr Year Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

:)

2. wundergrape

wundergrape Well-Known Member

Love the look of him as a "glue" guy. He needs to get WAY more elevation on that jump shot, though.

3. hawkfan2679

hawkfan2679 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this was posted yesterday, but Marc Morehouse posted something on Twitter to the effect of:

Fran said that all 5 incoming freshman will get a chance to play a lot of minutes next year.

Or something like that...I'll see if I can find it.

4. jacknicholson

Glue for certain. His jump shot looks like what they used to call a set shot.....

Definitely will need more elevation on his jump shot when he gets to play in the B1G.....

5. TJHawkeye

TJHawkeye Well-Known Member

He dunks better than Woody. :)

6. jacknicholson

I have a feeling that all five incoming freshmen will get significant playing time. There is a lot of raw talent there, more that we have had in a long time.....

There is not a lot of talk about Kyle Meyer who, I believe, will be a force on D. Opponents will not be able to score at will in the middle so easily, especially if we have him and Adam in at the same time. I imagine that will occur on occasion. Fran has quite a few combinations to experiment with.....

7. herkyattack

herkyattack Well-Known Member

Look at the pass at 2:39. 3/4 court, left-handed, of one dribble. That's an incredibly difficult pass and he made it look like a 5 foot chest pass.

8. jacknicholson

He dunks surprisingly well, considering his size. He attacks the basket like an assassin, an Aaron White assassin......

:D

9. tweeterhawk

tweeterhawk Well-Known Member

Agree with the assessments above. He appears very strong on defense, both at the point and coming from down low on the wings.

Good passer, great going to the basket. His perimeter shot needs work; it's largely coming from his right shoulder. That'll get blocked a lot in the conference. Needs to come from more above his head and rely more on his wrists for direction and follow-through.

Have maintained all along he will challenge Gessel for PT. Will be a nice battle to have.

10. jacknicholson

Especially left-handed, very difficult to do.....

11. jacknicholson

It is a good position to be in, having quality players battling for playing time. In Fran's system all should get their time on the floor.....

12. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

I think between AC and MG we will be good enough at the point to let Marble play the 3 almost exclusively. It will be nice having a 3 on the floor with can create his own shot, and finish at the rim.

13. storminspank

storminspank Justin VanLaere

There's a reason so many people who have seen him think he will be the gem of the class.

14. tksirius

tksirius HN's Love Doctor

[​IMG]to see this class play.

15. Malachiman

Malachiman Well-Known Member

Although he lacks elevation on his jump shot it, his release is pretty quick which I think kinda compensates his elevation. Very excited to see these frosh come in.

16. atomicblue224

atomicblue224 Well-Known Member

love having him here at iowa

17. jackl

jackl Well-Known Member

Yes, he appears to be a glue guy and a gym rat,not to mention a lunch pail player.

18. Thawki

Thawki Well-Known Member

Did you ever see Gary Grant? I think he may be the best on ball defender I have ever seen. Maybe there are others, but I was at Iowa when he played ay Michigan, and man that guy was like a glove.

And I always liked his running mate's nickname. Antoine "The Judge" Joubert. He was nicknamed "The Judge" because he "ruled the court" and he picked up the moniker in high school.

I still remember walking into a party at those apartments next to the convenience store on Burlington Ave. just down from Old Capitol Mall one night after an Iowa and Michigan hoops game and seeing Grant, Joubert and Leslie Rockymore at the party hanging out. That was pretty cool. I am sure they we staying at the hotel up the street and probably went to the QT to get something and saw the party and just figured no one would complain if they came over.

Like I said, that was pretty cool.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  19. Thawki

Thawki Well-Known Member

This.

20. IowaTeddy

IowaTeddy Well-Known Member

I think I remember people making an Aaron Craft comparison with Gessel. But I disagree, Clemmons is the one that reminds me of Craft.

Albeit a highlight video, I love watching Clemmons play. It's almost indescribable, but he's just one of those guys that knows how to play the game. Maybe it's an old-school thing that he has developed through coaching, maybe it's an innercity thing (coming from a really solid league in Detroit) but he just plays the game in a great way. His style and fluidity on the court, the way he commands the offense and defense, single handedly sets up fast breaks, attacks the rim, follows his own shot.

If you ever watch sports and see plays (or replays) where you say to yourself: "man that was a cool play, that guy really set that up beautifully" ...Clemmons is the kind of player that makes those plays.

All of these things are what remind me of Aaron Craft