# of draftable Hawkeyes on 2010 team?

Discussion in 'Football' started by Not4cy, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Not4cy

Not4cy Well-Known Member

That are going to be seniors

1. Stanzi
    2. DJK
    3. Vandervelde
    4. Reisner
    5. Clayborn
    6. Ballard
    7. Hunter
    8. Klug
    9. Donahue

Possibly Tarpinian.

With 6 players drafted this year and possibly 9 or 10 players next year, Kirk Ferentz is recruiting BIG TIME talent to Iowa. He is also developing players into BIG TIME players.

WOW!!

2. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

You have to look at possible Juniors departing early. Call me crazy but McNutt could play his way into being a possible high draft pick in 2011. Also Tyler Sash could leave early.

3. DuffMan

DuffMan Well-Known Member

Tyler Mother******* Sash isn't leaving early.

4. rodg12

rodg12 Well-Known Member

Greenwood should be drafted.

5. spudhawk

spudhawk Well-Known Member

Sash was already written up by nfl draft sites twice last season. If he has a similar type season next year as he did last season he could easlily project as a late first round and solid 2nd round pick. He wouldn't have to leave early but it doesn't mean he wouldn't have the opportunity.
    Troy Johnson could win a job and get a look also.
    I think Tarpinian is a lock to get drafted next year.

6. JonDMiller

JonDMiller Publisher/Founder

I wrote after the 2008 season that I felt that roster would have the most drafted players on it. More than in 2001

7. spudhawk

spudhawk Well-Known Member

Barring injury I would wager at least 8 seniors will be drafted after next season, with a possibility of 10. That doesn't include any Juniors.

8. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

I don't see Sash leaving early. Not that he wouldn't be good enough to be a high pick, but I just don't see him choosing to go. McNutt will have a hard time if he leaves. Next year's WR class is LOADED, possibly the best ever. That will make it a VERY unpredictable draft for Marvin (remember, Colt McCoy was talked about as a 1st round pick, and he sat around til the 3rd round).