OFFICIAL 2020 CUBS BASEBALL THREAD

Discussion in 'Professional Sports' started by judzeehawk, Feb 26, 2020.

1. judzeehawk

judzeehawk Well-Known Member

Anybody else enjoying the Cubs channel? I know I am!

2. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

What is it? I'm on Mediacom in good old NE Iowa

3. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

I'll enjoy the team playing on that channel if it plays to it's potential.

Having a new voice with a contract will help. Players were taking liberties on Maddon last year, such as not running hard out of the box, and that included Bryant, Riz and Baez, the three best players on the team.

4. judzeehawk

Its called Marquee Sports Network. I have Mediacom and its on channel 51 or 66.14 Hendricks pitched today and looked very sharp. Yesterday Lester pitched and didn't look very good. Right now they are replaying the game today against the Royals.

5. judzeehawk

I think it'll be different this year. Baez has talked about that stuff and said they are going to work hard and turn it around.

Northside Hawk likes this.
  6. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

Just popped it on. Awesome. Thanks. Too bad we're getting smoked by the Rangers.

judzeehawk likes this.
  7. bogeyman

bogeyman Well-Known Member

Ready for some baseball! I'll be at my 1st ever spring game the 19th to see them!
    I have Dish, this whole Marquee thing is a pain. I hope Dish and them get it figured out ASAP or I'll be having to find another source I guess.

chucktownhawk likes this.
  8. judzeehawk

Cubs hitting Cueto pretty good. 6 straight hits by the Cubs. 5-0 in the second. Cueto gone!

9. GoHawks24

GoHawks24 Well-Known Member

Bump? I miss Cubs baseball. :(

On the bright side, I am getting a lot more projects and honey-do items done around the house than I normally would.

Sounds like they're aiming for an early July return without fans. Can't come soon enough. *fingers crossed*

10. judzeehawk

I was really enjoying being able to see all the Cubs games. Need something to look forward to.

11. GoHawks24

GoHawks24 Well-Known Member

No doubt on needing something to look forward to. I was a little more amped for the NFL draft than normal.

We have YouTubeTV so no Marquee Network for us yet. Hoping they get that figured out soon.

12. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

JB Pritzker has really stepped in it his time.

The outspoken llinois governor has unfairly accused baseball players as being selfish and greedy because they may reject the owners initial financial proposal (which screws the players and protects the owners) and offers no guarantees on player safety.

Memo to the Gov. These players are humans with families and loved ones just like anyone else and want a safe work environment, just like anyone else. How the hell is that selfish or greedy. Fred Flintstone is getting raked over the coals by Chicago sports media today.

Governor Pritzker, I sincerely hope you take notice when your states' citizens go to open states like Iowa, Indiana, Missouri and eventually Wisconsin to spend their disposable income. And I hope the feds turn a blind eye when you f your state up to the point where you cry for a bailout.