!*****Official 'Return Of The Dolphin' Game Thread*****!

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by tksirius, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Who wins the death match?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2018.
  1. Birds by 1 or 2 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Birds by 3 to 10 points

48.3%
  3. Birds by 11+ points

13.8%
  4. Clowns by 1 or 2 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clowns by 3 to 10 points

27.6%
  6. Clowns by 11+ points

10.3%
  1. FirstDownHawkeyes

FirstDownHawkeyes Well-Known Member

They are a bunch of transfer misfits and JuCo transfers. It’s the clown way. At the end of the day the clowns acted like what they are...’lil bro.

2. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

May have been Baer's best play of the night, which is saying something. I didn't like the look in Connors eyes. He was getting ready to drop the gloves.

Jacobson was waiting for the confrontation. Why else would he be standing there? And where were his teammates to drag him away? Jacobson should start the next game with a technical already assessed to him

And why was Horton wandering over? Two on one wasn't enough, had to make it three on one?

I can't wait for the Hilton rematch.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Ree4 and thedukeofearl like this.
  3. HawksMN

HawksMN Well-Known Member

Connor is going to go all Scotty Skiles on ISU the next few years....

4. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

I have been saying that for the two previous years, they may not be large for his size, who knows, a little clumsy who knows, Cook had a lot of bad handles tonight and in most games, needs to improve there

5. HawkeyeWalker

HawkeyeWalker Well-Known Member

The spirit of Mccabe!

judzeehawk and thedukeofearl like this.
  6. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

Yep.

He was too emotional with the calls tonight. But it shows me, he’s an Iowan and not a transplanted east coaster; he wanted to win this reeeaaally reaaaally badly.

7. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Member

8. HawkeyeWalker

HawkeyeWalker Well-Known Member

Baer with the veteran move at the end.

thedukeofearl likes this.
  9. Tierney

Tierney Well-Known Member

What impressed me was Iowa had someone to finish the game. Connor McCaffery drove and drew fouls at the end to keep Iowa up. I haven't seen that in a long time. Wieskamp seem to be following his lead. Its nice to have guys that can make their free throws at the end of the game.

thedukeofearl and Ree4 like this.
  10. mopkins

mopkins Well-Known Member

So now we have to root for ISU the rest of the year? I just barfed all over my keyboard.

judzeehawk likes this.
  11. Northside Hawk

Cook may come back for his senior year for the sole purpose of dumping a can of whoop ass all over Hilton.

I remember Skiles going Scotty Skiles on ISU. He ran back up court, pointed to a spot on the floor, told Jeff Hornecek he would make his next shot from that spot, and he did exactly that.

12. dahlhawk

dahlhawk Well-Known Member

This definitely puts the Michigan State thugging in the rearview mirror. Iowa, at least at home, is showing that they won't be intimidated by physical play. I'm afraid every Big game is gonna be just like this one. So let's get every non-conference win left and hit the Big running. We can't have a let down against UNI, it will be just as scrappy but hopefully not as dirty. Last, WELCOME back the Pemsl from his freshman year. Nice looking jumper he's developed.

13. mopkins

mopkins Well-Known Member

It really sucks that Iowa doesn't play for another 9 days. Although it woulda sucked a lot worse coming off another loss

14. cincyhawk

cincyhawk Well-Known Member

So glad they won that game! I didn't get to see it. Anyone know where i can find a replay?

15. thedukeofearl

thedukeofearl Well-Known Member

Gonna be on FoxSports1 at 3 AM.....

For NightOwls.....

Definitely worth watching.....

16. smitharooney

smitharooney Well-Known Member

Cyclone message boards are in meltdown mode . Great read

17. Northside Hawk

I'm sure they're up in arms about the officiating.

Meanwhile, they shot 29 free throws to our 23 and were awarded a basket that may have hit one of the arms of the shot clock.

18. smitharooney

smitharooney Well-Known Member

The worst call of the game was the foul they called on cmac when he was just standing under the basket completely still with his arms up. He wasn’t in the circle . It wasn’t blocking or a charge, should have been a no call

19. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

I literally didn't comment on this. I don't know where you are getting that I thought this was okay. It was stupid, Prohm going on the court was stupid, and there were just a ton of stupid emotional reactions during the game by the ISU team.

Doesn't change anything I said in the post.

Edit: If you want the proof, here are some links:

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...a-game-day-thread.244023/page-53#post-6432372

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...a-game-day-thread.244023/page-55#post-6432409

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...a-game-day-thread.244023/page-57#post-6432503

All within a few minutes of the game ending.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  20. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

He's checking his waist size so he can get him some isu sweat pants for Christmas

mopkins likes this.