Oliver Martin...

Discussion in 'Football' started by phdsvp, Jan 1, 2018.

1. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Kirk is stubborn, passive aggressive, manipulative (dumb AD), and knows how to make things work in "his" favor (and family), and struggles to think on his feet during a game...

But I am sure he is a great guy...

2. HawkPrdatr40

HawkPrdatr40 Well-Known Member

It won’t take long for the KF Trolls to react to this.. :cool:

mopkins likes this.
  3. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

I didn't sweat losing him just thought he made a foolish decision based on the Harbaugh effect. It's his life though, just wonder if it's gonna be something he'll regret

4. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

Yup sure is. And without even looking at their recruiting class this year I'm sure he's been leapfrogged by more kids. I'll be surprised if he ends up making an impact there.

5. trj

trj Well-Known Member

I am not a recruiting guy so take this, fwiw. I thought he was a legit 4.5 40 dude. The highlights I saw he was able to separate.

6. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Not only that but buried behind 2 FR WRs who played a lot this year and there are 2 others that are highly recruited as well.

But at Iowa he very well could be behind ISM and B Smith. Both of those guys would have lit up teams in high school in Iowa

7. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

If that were true he would have left iowa years ago

8. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I wish he did.

trj likes this.
  9. iloveyoularrystation

iloveyoularrystation Well-Known Member

That is beyond stupid of a comment.

10. Joshbrown

Joshbrown Well-Known Member

Yes they are.

earlkoppelman likes this.
  11. Joshbrown

Joshbrown Well-Known Member

The contract is the proof.

12. judzeehawk

judzeehawk Well-Known Member

Yay Harbaugh making 9 million is ridiculous!

13. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

Kirk Ferentz definitely has an ego! And that's perfectly fine. He should have. Did everyone forget the PCs at the end of the 4-12 season? You could see his ego was bruised. He's just not an ego maniac like some of these coaches.

Chickenlounge likes this.
  14. iloveyoularrystation

iloveyoularrystation Well-Known Member

your cleverness aside, i don't get the thinking honestly. Maybe you or the original poster could enlighten me on what you think shows in anyway that Ferentz is more interested in himself then the team winning.

15. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

I thought you were describing yourself until the last line.

16. Marinehawk

Marinehawk Well-Known Member

Oliver Martin < Martini W/Olive

17. eledmonster

eledmonster Well-Known Dog

Martin also made his choice. He will have to live with it, whether or not it turns out to work for him. He's gone. End of story.

OkstHawk and HomerChampless like this.
  18. HawkInATX

HawkInATX Well-Known Member

So a person has an ego when they try to improve their lot in life? Would you turn down a raise and promotion if you thought you didn't earn it? If a bunch of keyboard warriors thought you didn't earn it? Doubtful. There's a difference between ego and protecting your own self-interest.

Ree4 likes this.
  19. HomerChampless

HomerChampless Well-Known Member

Really, no ego? Is that why KF has to have his way in all facets of the football team even though he doesn't know, in some cases, what he's doing? Come on. Tell me there aren't yes men at Iowa. Are there any no men?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  20. earlkoppelman

earlkoppelman Well-Known Member

Am having 1st EXPRESSO in calif. So early.Seems like a CLASSIC post.Surf will be UP today.