Oliver Martin...

Discussion in 'Football' started by phdsvp, Jan 1, 2018.

1. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

It is crazy how fast things are changing over the past 20 years. What blows my mind is that kids currently under 10 years old will probably never own a drivers license because they simply won't need one.

2. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

That'd be nuts.. For some reason they sure are trying to cram driverless vehicles down our throats... Do most folks really want that? I sure don't as a guy in my late 30s but I could be in the minority on that for all I know...

OkstHawk likes this.
  3. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

If you cut the human driver out of the equation, a lot of possibilities start to open up. Drastically cheaper taxis (paying for the driver is by far the biggest expense), drastically reduced accidents and fatalities, no more DUI's, etc. So its coming whether we want it or not

What interests me is what cities/counties will do without all the speeding ticket and DUI revenue they're used to getting. That could get interesting...but without needing to monitor traffic as much you wouldnt need as many cops so i guess it would probably balance itself out.

I think the future for guys like you and me is a hybrid model where we can drive manually or have the car drive for us. That's coming very very soon.

Oh yeah, and oliver Martin.... since this is his thread.

Ree4, Hawkfnntn and Denverhawk1 like this.
  4. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

I know this post is a week old, but the level of stupidity is so high I feel it warrant's a response.

Don't you have a Dilly Bar date with Tracy Claeys you're late for? I'm sure Jamie Pollard would give you a ride as long as you can keep your hands off him.

5. GoHawks12345

GoHawks12345 Well-Known Member

If self drivings provides a substantial safety improvement, it might not be so simple.

Assuming all of society has largely moved to self driving cars, anyone driving in manual mode and getting into any accident,might be seen as being reckless behind the wheel. Even if the same accident today would be seen as unavoidable.

Insurance may not cover drivers in manual mode. Or have a much higher premium to do so.

But MIT or somebody did a study for how little uber drivers make after the cost of fuel, etc. It was something like $3.37 an hour. This versus the cost of expense equipment on each car to support self driving... And continued maintenance on that equipment.

If human drivers stay this cheap (or maybe get cheaper), I'm not sure if fully auto cabs could compete.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...or-uber-drivers-to-be-revisited-idUSKCN1GF0RL

6. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

Nice post here ... can you see into the future? :)

This thread is a fun read ... now.

7. karras

karras Well-Known Member

At least 2 people have informed me we are not allowed to bump old threads. But since they are not here, I'm beginning to think it wasn't the threads they hated, it was me.

8. Hawknigh

Hawknigh Well-Known Member

Nice post from a year ago. Even if I say so myself.

9. GoHawks12345

GoHawks12345 Well-Known Member

karras, please don't bump old threads.

10. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 Well-Known Member

I'm confused, is there news on this front?

11. 4thngoal

4thngoal Well-Known Member

I haven't looked, did I win?
    (I'm going to look right now)

12. tweeterhawk

tweeterhawk Well-Known Member

Leave it to the pros, like okeefe4prez.

13. karras

karras Well-Known Member

alts . . . making America great since 1773

14. BVHawk95

BVHawk95 Well-Known Member

EveRyOne I dOn't LikE is aN aLt

Adam and InGoodCo like this.
  15. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

I just try and look at things rationally and objectively, yet I still get labeled a homer because I tend to try and rationalize things more positively- sometimes I get things right but it's all luck.

Martin walking into KF's office.

[​IMG]

16. pythagoras

pythagoras Well-Known Member

Except it's not happening so.....[​IMG]

17. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't celebrating - any guess is luck. I bet where there's smoke there's fire but again, that's just a guess.

18. karras

karras Well-Known Member

wait wait wait, just wait . . . you're saying posts more than a week old shouldn't be replied to? Oh you are so not gonna like me

19. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

Still waiting to hear if you were saying I was a wife and child abuser in that other thread.