Other B1G games ...

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Robowe, Dec 7, 2019.

1. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Sounds like we were one of 3 teams considered for a 4 seed in the bracket show. That means we are considered a 5 seed right now. Man would it be nice to finish strong. With the quad 1 games we have left, we could probably be a 4 or 5 seed with a 5-3 finish.

Xerxes likes this.
  2. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

It happens to other teams too ... :)

3. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

And other fans complain about refs too ...

4. thedukeofearl

thedukeofearl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ree4 and chucktownhawk like this.
  5. thedukeofearl

thedukeofearl Well-Known Member

The pitiful Illini have been exposed for-the-flash-in-the-pan pretenders that they really are

Incapable of closing a game against top competition

They do Not have the experience or ability of closing without blowing it big time

Custer's Last Stand in Reverse

[​IMG]

:cool:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  6. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

I probably wouldn't go with pitiful but as great as their D is, their offense is flat out bad at hitting 3s and thats a recipe for disaster. They were about as good offensively as they can be against Iowa and they still lost.

Crazy part is PSU, Maryland, and Minnesota are all similar in that manner. Very good defensive teams that all struggle from 3

thedukeofearl likes this.
  7. hawkeyewx

hawkeyewx Well-Known Member

Bobby Knight is really looking old.

InGoodCo likes this.
  8. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

79 years tends to look that way.

9. duhawk70

duhawk70 Well-Known Member

Beginning dementia doesn’t help either.

10. hawkeyewx

hawkeyewx Well-Known Member

It looks like Iowa jump-started Purdue. They are up double-digits at Indiana (2nd half).

11. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

My least favorite coach of all time. Knight was verbally and physically abusive towards his players and other IU staff members, and they bring him back and celebrate him?!?

12. EstronHawkKing

Man, I wish ESPN would dump Dick Vitale. His act is now like 30 years old. I thought he only did Duke/North Carolina games?

13. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

He got demoted from that game a few years ago in favor of Bilas which was a smart move. Bilas is one of the few TV sports guys who doesn't have some sort of cliche role playing thing going. He just talks sports.

14. EstronHawkKing

I knew that, I meant I thought he mostly only called Duke and Carolina games these days. There is a reason why he is nicknamed Duke Vitale

15. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

So Purdue shot 50% from 3 against Indiana on the road. Two games in a row is insane!

16. hawkation

hawkation Well-Known Member

Minnesota getting screwed by the refs in state college. Glad to know it's not only Iowa that the refs hate.

17. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

This guy is an idiot.

18. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

19. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

I mentioned before the Iowa game that Illinois was about to come back to the pack...could lose their next 5.

@ Iowa
    Maryland
    Michigan State
    @ Rutgers
    @ Penn State

20. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if Michigan State and Maryland tanked, leaving the top 4 as Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, and Rutgers. What would the odds of that been before the season started?

Robowe and Ree4 like this.