Please Tell Me This Isn't Real

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by BGOLD, Jan 5, 2018.

1. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

The Gigli of instructional videos

homes likes this.
  2. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

To be fair, I do like Fran's half court traps and presses. The only problem is that this team isn't fast enough to run them. Or any other defense.

tksirius likes this.
  3. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

I'd keep clicking the like button if it let me. I'd pay $39.99 for the Pitino book, but only if it there's a chapter dedicated to what he's passed on to Jr. and his plans of joining the Minnesota staff as a mentor.

4. AIRBHG

AIRBHG Well-Known Member

THIS! Doesn't matter how much you practice a play or scheme if the players are physically outmatched. This team is in dire need of some quick athletic guards. Can you name an other Iowa team that lacks fast/quick players? I see a pattern forming...

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  5. vork22

vork22 Well-Known Member

I’m looking for the Fran video called “from behind the line pay them no mind”.

6. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

How often do you see them sprint down on defense after getting beat during the press?

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  7. WinOneThisCentury

WinOneThisCentury Well-Known Member

First of all, that wasn't Fran in that first video teaching defense. When he asked the kids on the wing to be free thrown line extended, and the one kid didn't get down to the free throw line, our Fran would have had a melt down and provided a verbal beat down in good order.

"God dammit, I said the wings need to be free thrown line extended, so that means you get your skinny ass extended down to the free thrown line so I can freaking explain to my freaking defensive player how to overplay, and get them thinking about their weight on their back foot, so the offensive player can freaking beat them back door. How are they going to get freaking beat back door if you aren't listening." That's the Fran I'm looking for.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

True. By the time they reach sprint mode, the ball has already gone through the hoop.

WinOneThisCentury likes this.
  9. WinOneThisCentury

WinOneThisCentury Well-Known Member

The one good thing about this year is that we have become very adept at taking the ball out of the net after made baskets and starting our break.

10. homes

homes Well-Known Member

Fran is no Jennifer Lopez.

hawkdrummer1 likes this.
  11. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

This group of players doesn't play with any intensity to speak of. We have 1 guy that plays like his evening meal depended on it. You cannot win this conference with players like that. You just can't.

NEIChawk likes this.
  12. NEIChawk

NEIChawk Well-Known Member

When is that one coming out? Amazon Prime is gonna be smokin for sure

13. HawkeyeHypnosis

HawkeyeHypnosis Well-Known Member

We've had some damn good free throw shooters under Fran

14. earlkoppelman

earlkoppelman Well-Known Member