Rob, is Iowa looking at Hunter Dekkers?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by karras, Jun 11, 2019.

1. karras

karras Well-Known Member

just wonderin

2. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

I think Iowa would be interested but already Hogan in the class isn’t going to be attractive to this kid. It’s not absolute, but as a rule, it’s one QB per class.

karras likes this.
  3. karras

karras Well-Known Member

ended up a cyclone . . . talented kid . . . I see him as their starting linebacker 3 years from now

4. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Dekkers and West Sioux beat undefeated #3 ranked West Lyon last night, after losing their first game to #6 Western Christian last week.

Perhaps this win will allow West Sioux (#8) a better chance to get into the playoffs where they will have a chance to become 3 time state title winners with Dekkers.

Perhaps his best long term opportunity is as a left handed MLB pitcher.

Was hoping Iowa would take him, given his mobility and size at the QB position.

99topdawg likes this.
  5. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

I have no idea how good of a QB he is, but he has an amazing arm as a pitcher and I can't believe he's not going to college to pitch. Clocked at 92 in a game, which is not normally where a pitcher would top out. As a LHP, he's big time (and not just for an Iowa HS pitcher).

6. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

FB is not his best sport...

7. karras

karras Well-Known Member

He's a natural athlete. Boyle and Cook and Derby were also natural athletes. And if cousinbreeder comes along and says, "The world won't come to an end if he isn't a Hawkeye" or my other favorite chestnut "we'll be okay without him" -- yes, that's factual. And nobody ever in the history of the world thought that missing on a single high school kid signaled the Apocalypse or affected Iowa's ability to win games.

8. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

Bingo. New streak started.

9. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

Didn't Iowa once have 3 committed QBs till they pulled the rug on one of em late? 2 doesn't seem like too many depending on roster beyond that class

10. BVHawk95

BVHawk95 Well-Known Member

Jack Benevienti. Wasn't terribly late, though it was during his senior season. He got benched by his HS team for poor performance, so unfortunately we had to pull the offer. He ended up at like Western Illinois or the like.

At the time it looked like we'd take both Boyle and Cook as athletes, but they ended up sticking as QBs (for a while anyways).

11. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

My memory is fading some. It just seemed like the kid may have had other options on the table but since offer was pulled so late that limited them. But if he wasn't that good of a prospect to begin because of his senior season performance Iowa dodged a bullet anyway. I couldn't remember who the other 2 QBs were or what season. It felt like it was awhile ago already though