SITE is broken for me!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by HawkPrdatr40, Jun 23, 2020.

1. HawkPrdatr40

HawkPrdatr40 Well-Known Member

Takes forever to navigate HN. I have no issues except when coming to HN. I went to HawkeyeInsider today for 1st time in years and zero issues. So unless I can get a solution to what it is I might be going to the darkside for my Hawk talk.

2. Chickenlounge

Chickenlounge Well-Known Member

Get an AdBlocker and test the site. If it works fine, then start unblocking ads one-by-one until you find the one that messes with your experience, and leave that one blocked.

uBlock Origin is a good one.

HawkPrdatr40 likes this.
  3. ShemHawk

ShemHawk Well-Known Member

That might be easier said than done. I have AdBlock and wanting to get rid of the google ads in the middle of the text because they keep popping up inappropriate ads and my 12 yo is often sitting with or near me. The article is part of a taboola feed and the very first level of ad blocking takes away the article. My visitation to the site has gone way down as a result.

4. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

I've been away for awhile and now the experience is terrible. Ads Ads Ads and more Ads. Too many scripts running, slow to load, unstable, typing is difficult, just terrible.

HawkPrdatr40 likes this.
  5. HawkPrdatr40

HawkPrdatr40 Well-Known Member

Yup same. It's My last day here. I'm packing up and going to the HawkeyeInsider. Sadly HN is not the same for me anymore and that's on how it's being managed..