So how much trouble are we talking?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Hawkfnntn, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

2. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

Likely be years before anything happens, if ever.:mad:

Xerxes likes this.
  3. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

I'm sure all of them will deny it, and the NCAA will struggle to prove any of it. The schools will deny knowledge of any of it since they can claim the parents/agents brokered deals without their knowledge.

Fran should get a $10M and 5 year extension for not being named.

4. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

Not going to be any trouble for the blue blood programs. Zero, zilch, nothing, nathan, nada! Book it.

5. Hawk5656

Hawk5656 Well-Known Member

I saw the Barnstormer's fired Stephen. I hope that doesn't have anything to do with this since we've had a lot of guys from that program.

6. NEIChawk

NEIChawk Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back in Iowa....Fran is still our coach, ISU still sucks, and do I eat beef or fish tonight? Hmm. Which one of these examples will I have better chance of digesting? I know that Fran sucks as a coach, and ISU will always suck, I guess I'll go with the fish

smitharooney and HaydenHawk56 like this.
  7. Hawkfnntn

Well this is the FBI not the NCAA doing all the leg work here. So there's that. They can't do anything about preventing a nutjob kid they've been warned about from shooting up a school but they can nail these schools to the wall. Go figure

Kennyfromminne likes this.
  8. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

I've been told by the board experts that nothing is going to happen. They are typically right. It will be interesting to watch. The national media seem to think this is more of a story, but they are trying to sell content.

9. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the more teams/colleges that are implicated, the more watered-down the punishment or sanctions will be. NCAA can't afford to have ALL the blue blood schools punished at the same time.

2020 NCAA Final Four = Indiana State - Vanderbilt - Texas Tech - Iowa

10. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

There are different divisions of the FBI.

11. Hawkfnntn

I was going to say if you eliminate the top 20ish schools from contention the next few years we might just be able to make the dance... (how sad is that)

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  12. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I'd pass on the fish.

NEIChawk and HaydenHawk56 like this.
  13. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

Don't give Bary Larta any more ideas :)

14. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

Agreed:

[​IMG]

I have not felt this sick since watching that Ronald Reagan film.

15. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

I bet Buyout Barta is thinking double that amount.

16. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

WE DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY

[​IMG]

tksirius, Hawkfnntn and smitharooney like this.
  17. NoBeer

NoBeer Well-Known Member

This will be their excuse. It has nothing to do with the coach or the school. It is all on the agent and the athlete.

18. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

"I think everyone knows that there are billions of people in the world, as a coach, I just can't police everything that goes on out there...I told my people to make sure they follow the NCAA rules and they try, but no one can read or understand all the rules...my record speaks for itself...I plan to get back to doing the work I was hired to do."

That should work...

19. bogeyman

bogeyman Well-Known Member

I was going to say, maybe Barta is a genius this whole time and knows Fran is the only one not on a list and Iowa will be a top 5 team after all the others get taken down! It is our only hope at this point, one can dream right :)

Hawkfnntn likes this.
  20. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

Teams identified in FBI probe
    The following teams were mentioned in Yahoo!'s report. Other teams such as Auburn, Arizona and Oklahoma State were implicated when the original charges came out last September.

Potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families
    Alabama, Duke, Kentucky, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Seton Hall, Texas, USC, Washington

Schools named in former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins' expense reports (seeking reimbursement for thousands of dollars he paid to college and high school players and their families)
    Clemson, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan State, South Carolina, Texas, USC, Utah, Wichita State, Xavier

Schools that had players/families listed as meeting with Dawkins
    Alabama, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kentucky, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Texas, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Schools with active players implicated
    Alabama (Collin Sexton), Duke (Wendell Carter), Kentucky (Kevin Knox), Michigan State (Miles Bridges), South Carolina (Brian Bowen), Texas (Eric Davis Jr.), USC (Bennie Boatwright)

Schools with former players implicated
    Clemson, Creighton, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State, Xavier

CP87 and NoBeer like this.