Syracuse

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by IowaHawkeyeFB, Dec 1, 2019.

1. smitharooney

smitharooney Well-Known Member

Hopefully we shoot better then we did against Texas Tech and The Aztecs . That was brutal offense . We need Syracuse to shoot like Texas Tech

2. iahawk52

iahawk52 Well-Known Member

There was nothing wrong with the offense against TT , or defense

3. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

You’re right. Iowa ranks number 9 in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency per kenpom because they are terrible on offense and can’t shoot.

Ree4 and InGoodCo like this.
  4. smitharooney

That stat is worthless . Only 2 players on the entire roster are shooting the 3 ball above 36 percent and one of them is our center . This team is full of lousy shooters .

5. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Bohannon and Wieskamp both are career 3pt shooters above 40%. Offensive efficiency is a meaningless stat now? You have zero clue what you are talking about.

Ree4 likes this.
  6. smitharooney

This years stats don’t lie . What happens in the past is irrelevant to this year’s team. Will it improve as the year goes on? Hard to say with the hip injury with JBo and Joe W confidence possibly being a little shaken . Free throw as a team is at 73 percent this season . That’s not too bad but what has happened to Garza at the charity stripe ? He is only shooting 57 this season . That’s a huge nose dive . The stat you put up is skewed because of some of the cupcakes we have played . The preconference stat with Kenpom doesn’t really mean much at this point

7. smitharooney

We only shot 38 percent for most of the game until Frederick and Jbo hit some clutch shots from 3 late . We didn’t shoot very well as a team in Vegas

8. TJHawkeye

TJHawkeye Well-Known Member

I heard CJ and Joe were sick for that tournament. Can't blame guys for sub par shooting when they are not healthy.

HuckFinn likes this.
  9. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Who cares what the team shot in the previous game if what happens in the past is irrelevant.

Ree4 likes this.
  10. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

I think it's still too early to deep dive into deciphering many stats yet. Garza will shoot better as the yr goes on just a rough start at the line for him. Once we get a couple games into the BIG season I think we'll have a better grasp of what we have to work with and should (maybe) expect.

smitharooney likes this.
  11. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

You live in Utah?

12. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Yes, moved here about two and a half years ago after living in Georgia for 17 years.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  13. Dadman

Dadman Well-Known Member

This is one of those winnable games but its at Syracuse, and Boeheim will be lighting a torch. If they have any chance at NCAA's, they have to win this game. Be nice if we could do a last second 3 to win, you know, do a "Nebraska" to them........

14. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

I have watched some Syracuse games so far, they do not look very good

15. SidFarkas

SidFarkas Well-Known Member

Hawks are effd
    We get TV Teddy tonight.
    I’ll try to track my profanity.

16. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

After watching the game tonight I would strongly second that. They suck. I honestly believe that our second line of players would have beat them. Due to the fact that Fran plays so many different players I wouldn’t know who the second line of players are. I wasn’t really impressed with either team tonight. The first half especially seemed lackluster. Their fan base seemed indifferent.

1977Hawkeye likes this.
  17. 1977Hawkeye

1977Hawkeye Well-Known Member

Yeah this is not your father's Syracuse team, that's for sure. They're pretty bad right now.

Not overwhelming, but a solid, workmanlike effort by Iowa. They did what they needed to do against a struggling team. Second half mainly.

I thought the same about the atmosphere.. People think Carver is lame but the carrier dome was a morgue. Granted, they didn't have a lot to cheer about.

Hawkfnntn, Ree4 and BigD like this.
  18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Here’s an article about Syracuse’s woes. Worst start in fifty years.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangebask...art-in-50-years-after-68-54-loss-to-iowa.html

19. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

N8theGr8 and BigD like this.
  20. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything really wrong with it other than his baby face..........and then I hit the 57 second mark. Great find.