Thankful for Scott Frost

Discussion in 'Football' started by WinOneThisCentury, Dec 4, 2019.

1. WinOneThisCentury

WinOneThisCentury Well-Known Member

Coming out of the Thanksgiving weekend I failed to acknowledge one of the things I'm most thankful for this college football season...Scott Frost. I realize after watching his press conferences this year...that the 4 and 5 win seasons just wouldn't be as gratifying had Nebraska chose a coach from outside the Nebraska family. The fact that they chose Frost is really priceless...the National Championship QB. Moses of Nebraska to lead them through mediocrity.

It just wouldn't be as much fun watching the Nebraska meltdown...and subsequent excuses from the top. "We inherited a confidence problem from the previous staff"....lol...two years in and he's still blaming the other staff for players not being confident. Scott, that's one of the things you have control over...motivating and preparing your guys...we would excuse you if you said you need to recruit more players that fit the system.

Enjoy Christmas and New Year's at home Nebraska.

2. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

Win one, Nebraska fans can all hang this this year

[​IMG]

3. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

4. homes

homes Well-Known Member

Nice words for sure, but Keith Duncan expressed it better than anyone ever could:

upload_2019-12-4_12-1-38.jpeg

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.*

*Not too subtle reference to Nebraska's real team name.

5. HawkeyeDenis

HawkeyeDenis Well-Known Member

I think the Nebraska situation is a lesson for all that would like to get rid of Kirk. Pelleni for all his faults had the last 9 win season at Nebraska. Now the Huskers are on their second coach and it's looking like another dumpster fire hire.

The future is uncertain for Nebraska. They finished without a bowl game. The West division is getting stronger. Illinois isn't the worst team anymore. Northwestern finished last this year but most don't expect them to stay down. Purdue was beset with injuries but they are returning a lot of talent. Iowa could be in a rebuilding year in 2020, but they probably won't fall below the middle of the pack. Nebraska could end up on the bottom next year if they don't fix their problems. The big question is can they do it in one year with the coach they have? I wouldn't bet big money on it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  6. ChosenChildren

ChosenChildren Well-Known Member

Nebraska is taking on water now. Check out their 2020 schedule and try to find six wins. You'll struggle to find them.

Iowa just needs to keep plugging away. I think our talent level is rising, slowly.

SmokeTownHawk likes this.
  7. WinOneThisCentury

WinOneThisCentury Well-Known Member

I guarantee you someone takes a shot at Duncan at some time during next year's game. The blowing of kisses really, really pissed Frost off. I'll wager $20 right now he takes a hit after a field goal or if he is kicking off next year.

8. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Coach Scott Kitchens