Trouble in Hoosierland

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by hawkdrummer1, Jan 31, 2019.

1. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

2. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

It would probably figure that they start to get their crap together when we show up next week.

3. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

Not to worry, they have Alford waiting in the wings.

On second thought, maybe not, they would owe Miller the rest of his $24m contract.

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  4. ChosenChildren

ChosenChildren Well-Known Member

When you don't play hard, you get your butt handed to you. Iowa found that out against Minnesota.
    Indiana gives zero effort. Something is wrong with that team.

Of course, they will somehow find it against Iowa.....

5. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

We hang with Michigan and lose a close one. Then we go into a fired up Indiana. Not very promising.

washtu401 and HaydenHawk56 like this.
  6. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

Why would they be fired up? They have lost 7 in a row and play at Michigan State on Saturday before they play Iowa. :)

7. 83Hawk

83Hawk Banned

Nothing cures a losing streak like playing Iowa!

8. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Because they'd be hell-bent on not losing 9 in a row.

9. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

I think GB may have worked out Archie's buyout at IU.

In the event IU wished to buy out Miller's contract, it would owe him 100 percent of his remaining salary before March 31, 2022, and 50 percent of his remaining salary thereafter, through the life of the contract.

LINK

tksirius likes this.
  10. ArvadaHawk

ArvadaHawk Well-Known Member

no, he'll be in the rafters with his steel saw to make sure we have to spend an extra night in a hotel and come out flat.

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  11. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

That was such an Iowa thing to happen. They were rolling big time at the time and ended up with a huge down time between games.

12. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

Not so far-fetched... Alford comes home to save the day. Unbelievable. Smarmy little prick.

13. sioux34

sioux34 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Alf back at IU. His failure there could not be any more delicious.

1hawkeye1 and HaydenHawk56 like this.
  14. homes

homes Well-Known Member

This is where this is headed. The buyout is nothing if they get WonderBoy to come home. There's enough IU moneyed alums who would be more than ready to make that happen.

hawkdrummer1 likes this.
  15. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

The Murphy's Law of Iowa Basketball.

16. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

I don't think a Kinght disciple will take that job until Knight passes. Nor will you see a second generation offspring play there. Knight threatened hell to the May family if Scott allowed his son Sean to enroll there.

Maybe Dakich, of all people, would get the coaching itch again. He has already burned bridges with Knight so that wouldn't be hanging over his head.

17. morley10

morley10 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of another former Iowa coach. Lick is available and has Indiana roots.

Xerxes and HaydenHawk56 like this.
  18. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

How about another Indiana native. Scott Skiles.

19. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

Ha....let would also be a very delightful choice. Would love to see IU scoring 35 points a game.

20. ohhawk

ohhawk Well-Known Member

Not feeling much for Indiana's situation as I think we have our own hands full trying to gain some traction from here on out.