Upset Alert

Discussion in 'Football' started by WinOneThisCentury, Nov 18, 2019.

1. WinOneThisCentury

WinOneThisCentury Well-Known Member

Northwestern to upset Minnesota in Evanston. Ok...I know that sounds absolutely crazy...but hear me out. In the NFL, odds makers love to take the underdog when the favored team has played on the road two games in a row no matter where the third game is. Now, this is only the second road contest for Minnesota, but it's the third game in a row where they will have played a very physical team.

Minnesota had the luxury heading into Penn State of not playing any of the big boys...now they are playing three physical teams in a row. Face it, they are going to be playing the fighting Fitzgeralds with nothing to show for a season. You know that prick will have his team ready to pull an upset. I also think Fitz probably hates a guy like Fleck...and all the attention he gets for boat rowing and motivational gimmicks.

I'm just saying...as crappy as NW's offense is...they are going to rise up at some point and surprise someone. Take the points...and I think NW could challenge them. Minny may have a little urine running down their leg heading into this one.

2. hawkinarkansas

hawkinarkansas Well-Known Member

Have you seen Northwestern play this year? They are almost Rutgers bad

eveningnewsteam and koralakers like this.
  3. 1980HAWKFAN

1980HAWKFAN Well-Known Member

I have seen NW play and they will not beat Minny. NW doesn't have the offensive players this year to compete. Not sure what happened but they suck.

4. WinOneThisCentury

What are you taking about? They just took a very good UMASS team to the woodshed. :)

I'm just saying...they play you defensively. Minnesota gets sloppy and next thing you know...they are in a dogfight.

5. homes

homes Well-Known Member

Fitz and Ferentz are cut of the same cloth.

6. Hawkboys

Hawkboys Well-Known Member

Kashmir???

7. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

It would take a minor miracle for Northwestern to beat Minnesota. Effort and desire aside Minnesota is a WAY better team than Northwestern.

8. homes

homes Well-Known Member

Sweatshirt.

9. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

How did Wisconsin vs Illinois turn out? Cannot remember...

10. haydensly

haydensly Well-Known Member

I really didn't think they were that good of a defensive team. We scored 20 on them playing very conservative all day long. A good offensive team like Minnesota might put up 35 or more on them.

11. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

But Northwestern is WAY worse than Illinois.

12. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

It may get interesting if Morgan can't play. NW is going to have to throw caution to the wind and throw the ball all over the place. I do think their D can keep them in it for awhile but not if their O is going 3 and out all the time.

13. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Well-Known Member

OP, put it down, and back away from the crack pipe

14. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

15. eveningnewsteam

eveningnewsteam Well-Known Member

Minnesota is not above losing at Northwestern.

16. WinOneThisCentury

I'll take NW and the points.

17. hawkfan2679

hawkfan2679 Well-Known Member

Injuries like nobody's business and a general lack of depth they consistently deal with.

I think NW's defense COULD keep them in the game if the NW offense can do enough to keep them off the field a bit. Not having Morgan could change that up considerably though...

18. HawkeyeDenis

HawkeyeDenis Well-Known Member

As Deuce said. If Rutgers wasn't in the league everyone would be focused on how bad Northwestern is. Northwestern gets overlooked because Rutgers is even worse.