Watch out for the refs in Big Tourney

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by uihawk82, Mar 5, 2017.

1. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

I hope Fran tells Jok, Cook, and Bohannon especially to watch out and be careful in the first 10 minutes in the Big Tourney. I have come to realize that some of these refs call it very tight the first half and let them play more in the second. We need to stay out of foul trouble like Jok got into today whether he was overamped on Sr Day or what. I thought one of his first two fouls was pretty light and could have been a no call. But whatever, make it through that first 10 minutes without getting two fouls.

2. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the inside tip...hopefully the coaching staff is monitoring this site religiously...

Kennyfromminne likes this.
  3. tweeterhawk

tweeterhawk Well-Known Member

No need to be a snarky a-hole. Fair insight by uihawk82. Not unusual at all for officials to call a competition tight in the first minutes, then loosen up as play goes on. Fran, Peter and the boys need to recognize that.

Hawkeyes5, thedukeofearl and uihawk82 like this.
  4. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

WTF?? Ok we will play it your way and go out and hack, shove, and climb all over every opposing player and see what the refs do. Have you not watched postseason Bball tourneys??

Locker67 likes this.
  5. SpiderRico

SpiderRico Well-Known Member

There's a reason that, other than our 4 games in 4 days run in 2001 as a 6 seed that every other BTT champion has been a top 4 seed...my opinion is the horrible, front-running officiating...

tksirius likes this.
  6. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

That was a big snarky on my part...

thedukeofearl likes this.
  7. dwghawk

dwghawk Well-Known Member

Snarky? At least you owned up to it. I personally would have used a different word, rather than snarky.

8. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

I'd just like to see what Pete can do without being tackled coming off screens.

StatelineHawk likes this.
  9. QuadCityHawkeye

QuadCityHawkeye Well-Known Member

Jok has been getting called for a lot of cheap fouls and no calls all Big Ten season.

Just need to try their best to play through any adversity brought on by the zebras.

10. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

I thought it was a pretty solid observation, myself.

11. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

In all fairness, I think Jok's gotten a few calls go his way as well, but maybe not enough to cover getting tackled so much.

12. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

In all fairness, Peter is lucky to be alive. I have rarely seen a guy take the kind of beating he has this season. I have been at all the home games, dvr'd and re-watched all of the games, and when I have focused on Jok I have been appalled at what he has had to go through. Wisconsin and Illinois did the same thing to Jbo. The BT officials gene pool needs to be cleaned up so we can watch basketball again. Yes, I admit bias. But, my eyesight is pretty good and I have played and watched a lot of basketball.

tweeterhawk, MisterLucky and tksirius like this.
  13. SpiderRico

SpiderRico Well-Known Member

Freedom of movement has been dead in the B1G since the arrival of Izzo and Ryan and others, like Purdue and Illinois, have copied them. You absolutely cannot screen and cut anywhere in the lane without defenders grabbing, pulling, and otherwise impeding offensive flow. It's become damn near unwatchable. And the refs, with what appears to be lifetime gigs, have allowed it to go on.

tweeterhawk and tksirius like this.
  14. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

It's amazing how clean a high school game can be called with 2 refs, but B1G officiating is pathetic with 3 refs.

15. MisterLucky

MisterLucky Well-Known Member

To their credit, the refs did call fouls based on the emphasis on freedom of movement last season until little Tommy Izzo started throwing hissy fits and then it went out the window.