We might not even drop in the polls

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by PCHawk, Feb 13, 2016.

1. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

If Wisconsin holds on to beat Maryland, there is a good chance they drop behind us. Oklahoma was only 1 point below us and lost at home. I highly doubt they drop below us but there is a small possibility that voters are starting to question them after just losing to KState. Even if neither drop below us, number 5, 7, 8, and 10 all lost this week. Kansas will jump us for sure and possibly North Carolina but that's it. Worst case scenario is 6th in the AP. With the schedule we have left, a 1 seed is still very possible.

2. IndianaHawk

IndianaHawk Well-Known Member

Kansas is probably the front runner for the Midwest #1 with that win. And I don't have a problem with it.

3. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

We need them to lose one more time than Iowa and we're the 1 over them.

4. oregonhawkeye

oregonhawkeye Well-Known Member

If we win out including the BTT we will be a one seed.

5. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

If we win out we will be THEE 1 seed.

6. Stanzi

Stanzi Well-Known Member

A road loss to a ranked (soon to be anyways) Indiana team is a much better loss than Maryland losing at home to unranked Wisconsin. I don't think Oklahoma will (or should) be punished for losing to Kansas.

7. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

They should be punished for losing but there isn't anyone to punish them.

Villanova
    Kansas
    Oklahoma
    Iowa
    Maryland

That would be cool.

8. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

It would be even cooler if St John's won tonight.

9. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

Iowa doesn't need a 1 seed they just need to get placed in des moines. That's all I really care about.

10. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

Definitely This ^^^^^ and it's a for sure possibility of happening.

11. Seth53

Seth53 Well-Known Member

We also, at all costs, must not meet up in the NCAA 1st game with NW Louisiana.

12. Cardinals54

Cardinals54 Well-Known Member

I thought Virginia was the team that replaced us as a #1 seed. They lost today also. We might / should regain a 1 seed and maybe rise to 3 in the polls after tomorrow barring an epic catastrophy. I mean, if we were a 1 seed before Indiana, who deserves it after today's action?? It would seem somebody would have to jump us.