What do you think BF will break out on offense today?

Discussion in 'Football' started by uihawk82, Nov 16, 2019.

1. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

The last two games T Tracy has caught 2 long TD passes and a 30-40 yard crossing pattern. YOung and Goodson have had some good runs. ISM has been a little quiet but I think BF is going to attack with KF's blessings.

ISM runs really good deep fly and post patterns, Tracy can do it, if B Smith is back he can be targeted from short stop routes to 40 yard deep balls.

You also need the TEnds in the seams and some crossing routes to occupy the safeties. I think the hawks will try to attack early using the pass to set up the run.

2. archiehawk

archiehawk Well-Known Member

It will be SSDD

SheagleHawk and DDThompson like this.
  3. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

Maybe in the 4th when behind enough to create urgency

1hawkeye1 and DDThompson like this.
  4. smitharooney

smitharooney Well-Known Member

Run,run , pass and punt . First 8 possessions. Maybe mix in a few FG’s

5. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

run the ball up the middle with the fullback on 3&12 when Iowa has the ball on their own 15 yrd line

6. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

and then only by 2 scores
    and by 2 scores i mean 8 points
    because 2 pt conversions/calls . . .

HawkGold likes this.
  7. NEIChawk

NEIChawk Well-Known Member

I think the quarterback draw would work extremely well against this defense.

8. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Punt, punt, punt, punt, play it safe until our defense is exhausted, get behind, open up the playbook, success, too late. Post game interview tape is played.

Healzya and NEIChawk like this.
  9. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

I say he goes balls to the wall, ya'll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be exotics in today's game.

M1911A1Hawkeye and Hawkboys like this.
  10. trj

trj Well-Known Member

Having a sense of urgency........from KF. I don’t know, man........that’s asking a lot.:)

HawkGold likes this.
  11. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

Seriously? Why do people still think that after 20 years all of a sudden the playbook is going to open up? It is the same thing every single week. Brian is clueless, and he will do what makes the least amount of sense.

12. trj

trj Well-Known Member

Either Iowa blows them out or they lose a close one. Iowa has one of those games in them, we will see if this is it.

13. HawkU

HawkU Well-Known Member

A fresh stick of gum and a sharp pencil for Daddy.

M1911A1Hawkeye likes this.
  14. seepig

seepig Well-Known Member

The only thing Brian and Kirk are breaking is WIND on the sidelines today. Once again another what if year because the coach has 0 pressure or motivation to push to think about breaking tendencies to win because he has a lifetime contract.

15. STLhawkeye20

STLhawkeye20 Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with Iowa’s offense is Kirk’s hesitance (for whatever reason) to recruit and play a mobile quarterback. We’ve had our best years with athletic, mobile QB’s with an “it” factor. Banks, Tate, and Beathard were all phenomenal playmakers. Stanzi was less of a runner but had great pocket presence and the D was unreal that year. Not sure why KF and BF think that a stationary QB who stands in the pocket and throws inaccurately is going to work at Iowa, it never has before. It’s like they’d prefer someone to try and be Tom Brady than have a playmaker who can actually win games. Typical conservatism (in recruiting, development and game calling) that has kept Iowa middle-tier over the last 20 years with some flashes of greatness when the stars align.

16. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

A gap runs and short out routes on 3rd and 8.

What the fuck else do you think is gonna happen? Don’t start kidding yourselves, you’ve seen it for three years now.

17. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

He uses a Sharpie. Every third down he hits that shit like smelling salts.

seepig likes this.
  18. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

He will roll out the Wing-T this week!

19. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

Broke out some Goodson

20. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

Yes they did, they threw the ball on all downs and distances, they had a reverse or two, pretty good job.

The only thing better would be to score 20 pts in the 2nd half also so it is not even close