Why is Phil Parker never considered for head coaching jobs?

Discussion in 'Football' started by guffus, Nov 25, 2017.

1. guffus

guffus Well-Known Member

I mean, Iowa leads the country in interceptions. He could have his 2nd Thorpe winner in 3 years possibly this year. He is a very good secondary coach and DC.

So what's the deal? I have never once heard his name mentioned as a candidate for a head coaching job.

2. HawkPhin

HawkPhin Well-Known Member

He is very underrated as a d coordinator. If it wasn't for the overall ineptitude of the offense we may be talking about this as being one of the all time best defenses of the KF era.

3. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Interest in looking for a head coach is often never known to the public...

Iowa is a safe place to stay for a long time and draw some nice coin along the way...

NCHawker likes this.
  4. IndianaHawk

IndianaHawk Well-Known Member

Or on the flip side, imagine how this season turns out if the defense was poor and relied on this offense.

5. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

Maybe he is wise, knows the Peter Principle and is content doing what he does.

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  6. IndianaHawk

IndianaHawk Well-Known Member

The last two DC truly has been the strength of these teams.

Scooby and KCHawkeye like this.
  7. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

Promoting him to DC might be the best move KF has made during his tenure....

8. eveningnewsteam

eveningnewsteam Well-Known Member

Maybe he likes his job. I know this was garbage time yesterday, but I was really intrigued by the speed and the way the young LBs came down hill. The Iowa D will be just fine. The younger kids coming are very talented

9. HomerChampless

HomerChampless Well-Known Member

Now, if only the Iowa defense (Parker) could figure out pass defense...and a pass rush. If so, they might be as good a defense as Wisky's defense.

10. koralakers

koralakers Well-Known Member

LMAO. Lemme list his qualities...
    -NO IMAGINATION
    -NEVER EVER CHANGE ANYTHING
    -RUN SAME DEFENSIVE SCHEME AT ALL TIMES, VERSUS ALL OPPONENTS, AND IN ALL SITUATIONS
    -FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, NEVER BLITZ (GIVING THE QB ANYTHING LESS THAN 10 SECONDS TO THROW MIGHT HURT HIS FEELINGS)
    -KEEP 3 SLOW LBS ON FIELD AT ALL TIMES, ESPECIALLY AGAINST 5 SPEEDY WRS (WHICH IS BASICALLY WHAT MOST TEAMS SEEM TO RUN THESE DAYS)

I could go on and on.

tksirius likes this.
  11. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

Maybe he has never applied for a head coaching job as he likes to coordinate.

12. Joshbrown

Joshbrown Well-Known Member

He's wayyyyyy better than the person who will be forced in by the conjob, I mean contract.