Why Luka Got Screwed!

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by SomersHawk, Mar 25, 2020.

1. SomersHawk

SomersHawk Well-Known Member

Ever wonder why EVERY YEAR(!) Notre Dame ALWAYS(!) is highly rated until proven to be a farce? Ask yourself what Dayton and ND have in common and you will have your answer to WHY LUKA GOT SCREWED by the AP voters.

2. homes

homes Well-Known Member

Dayton is the Flyers. Notre Dame is a Catholic school. The Flying nun was Catholic. That’s all I got.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  3. BlacknGold19

BlacknGold19 Well-Known Member

Ummm the movie Rudy was filmed in Dayton and Obi was supposed to be the real name of the movie so the voters voted against Garza?

4. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

Luka us just fine. I doubt he feels screwed.

Iowans in general have some sort of inferiority complex about being Iowan.

Better having Iowa self esteem issues than Nebby delusions. One is treatable. Narcotic behaviors don't get better.

Chickenlounge and uihawk82 like this.
  5. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Hey, if this motivates Garza to get even better than I'm all for it!

Hawkfnntn and HawkGold like this.
  6. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

Please tell us.

7. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

edited....bad joke...nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  8. NorthKCHawk

NorthKCHawk Well-Known Member

I don't get the opening post.

9. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm totally lost on this one as well. Sorry OP I think you're on your own.

10. MisterLucky

MisterLucky Well-Known Member

Don't know the answer to the OP's riddle, but I do now that Garza did get screwed and that's not just a butthurt Iowa fan talking. By almost any INDIVIDUAL standard, Garza had better numbers and played a much tougher schedule. If the POY award has somehow become "best college player on a team with a great record" award, Toppen has a leg to stand on.

11. FirstDownHawkeyes

FirstDownHawkeyes Well-Known Member

With their fake schedule. This is a team that lost to CO at home. They won half their P5 games and didn’t beat a team that would’ve made the NCAAT.

12. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Is OP comparing ND football and Dayton basketball?

But Dayton isn't always highly rated in basketball every year like ND is in football.....never mind.

13. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

Depending on who you ask, whether ranked or not, neither are really that relevant.

14. dahlhawk

dahlhawk Well-Known Member

It's the problem with NCAA basketball being associated with the NBA too much. The award is no longer who had the best season of playing college basketball, but who will be the best NBA player. Look this happens, Chuck Long was the best football player in the nation his senior year, but he lost the Heisman to the greatest athlete in college football that year. I'm still butt hurt on that one.

15. tweeterhawk

tweeterhawk Well-Known Member

I don't know. I just am not seeing why Obi was the preference over Luka.

[​IMG]