Wisconsin Hires Paul Chryst's Son As DC

Discussion in 'Football' started by JonDMiller, Feb 2, 2017.

1. JonDMiller

JonDMiller Publisher/Founder

or at least, you think he'd have to be Chryst's son to get that gig after just one year of coaching experience, right? But Jim Leonhard, who is a former Badger player, did have playing experience getting his teammates lined up in the NFL, and he spent time learning under Rex Ryan there....Belichick, BOB, Kirk, those guys are just chumps. Nobody teaches like Rex.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/...eady-to-take-reins-of-wisconsins-defense.aspx

2. thetrza

thetrza Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan is one of the greatest teachers in the game.

3. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

It's kinda hard to tell what your thoughts are for sure. Explain...

4. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

If there's one thing I can't stand in college coaching, it's nepotism. Oh wait...

5. JonDMiller

JonDMiller Publisher/Founder

Without a doubt. Hall of Famer first ballot

6. imported_ankle23

imported_ankle23 Well-Known Member

Not sure if serious....

7. thetrza

thetrza Well-Known Member

Okay, I thought about this for a while, and anyone who learns from Rex will be a good foot soldier for their boss, always putting their best foot forward, its his time to really step up into this position....

8. HawkGold

No, I really couldn't read into Jon's intention.

9. Mademyaccount4u

Mademyaccount4u Well-Known Member

If I had an agenda, that's probably what I'd say...

10. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

It's an eye raising hire to me for sure. To get the DC job there is big time. You'd think lots of 'more qualified' persons could be on the short list... Sometimes experience isn't the end all be all anymore. I think a hire like this is more about recruiting then it is the Xs and Os. Getting guys like him and Brian who are young and hungry willing to work and travel all day every day all year long is what's needed for these positions anymore. Younger inexperienced guys are getting jobs all over the place at all levels with mixed results. Come to think of it mixed results is what the coaching profession is pretty much as a whole...

11. doughudd

doughudd Well-Known Member

Wow wind blows right through your ears.

12. HawkGold

Have
    Have nice day. Jon has been on bothsides over some of this historically. Great you are so smart and polite.

13. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member