Yesterday's loss was a good loss

Discussion in 'Football' started by okeefe4prez, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

1. okeefe4prez

okeefe4prez Well-Known Member

This ball club is very likely to win out and end up 10-3. The worst thing that could have happened would have been to win that game yesterday and then have to play Ohio State in Indy. This is like a top 15 level team, but I don't want to play those top 5 caliber teams. So we'll probably win out and then have a reasonable draw in the bowl game, which we will win. Had we made the title game, we would have gotten a higher bowl draw and at the end of the day, 10-3 with a 4 game winning streak looks a helluva lot better than 10-4 with a 2 game losing streak to end the season.

pootspot likes this.
  2. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

We'll definitely beat Nebraska, but Minny & Illinois could go either way.

3. trj

trj Well-Known Member

Sarcasm aside, running the table would probably make everyone feel better about the season.

4. trj

trj Well-Known Member

Hopefully, you get a Minnesota team with their emotional energy tank on empty.

SmokeTownHawk likes this.
  5. iloveyoularrystation

iloveyoularrystation Well-Known Member

I'm pretty confident we will beat minny next week by 30. Nebraska is all kinds of awful, Illinois will be interesting.

6. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

Who knew that beating Minny and Illinois would provide healing...but this year it would

7. HawkeyeWalker

HawkeyeWalker Well-Known Member

I'm not confident in any game. Including nebby.

And that is ridiculous.

And it's not a lack of talent(outside of maybe oline and lb due to lack of depth, injuries, and recruiting 2-3 years ago resulting in a gap).

We should go 3-0. No idea anymore.

8. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

9. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

Oh come on!!! We would all like the hawks to be playing at a very high level with a really good Off line and be 9-0. then get to 12-0 then play in the Big CG damn what might happen.

10. BrianFerentzForPresident

BrianFerentzForPresident Well-Known Member

You didn’t say anything, old guy!

11. HawkeyeDenis

HawkeyeDenis Well-Known Member

Don't buy into the good loss theory. Iowa is an also ran......Again

12. vgshwk

vgshwk Well-Known Member

No such thing as a good loss just like there is no bad win.

13. AreWeThereYet

AreWeThereYet Well-Known Member

I'm still sticking with 8-4. Have been there since the end of spring ball, although the reasons have shifted around a bit as things develop.

14. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

Glad you were listening!